Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    You know you want too... Array
    Car:
    DC2R + VT750c2
    not necessary per se'... just an added bonus of being part of the community i suppose...
    - not removed by choice! - waiting for the next update to the saga
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/profile...=ignore&u=6316

Member Array
    Car:
    Milano Red EM1, CU2 Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by Twincam16 View Post
    I dont know why it would be necessary when you could just use BC or another forum which already has existing section for this kind of item
    this, as above have said, alot would be joining just to sell there junk that they dont want. there would be alot of people who dont have a single interest in hondas joining just to sell there misc items

Car:
    DC2R + VT750c2
    how? just miraculously find themselves on a site for Honda's to sell their washing machine? cmon man get real...

Quote Originally Posted by Zilli View Post
    how? just miraculously find themselves on a site for Honda's to sell their washing machine? cmon man get real...
    You should think outside the box.

People WILL...join whatever they can for coverage. They do it here already....try to slip in non-honda or car parts too.
    It isnt going to happen.

Its easy to pay abit and advertise on Tradingpost etc.

Car:
    DC2R + VT750c2
    i don't agree that someone who has absolutely no inclination to motor vehicle enthusiasm of some sort would go to the effort of signing up to a site like this one to sell their wares, Honda related or otherwise. By nature one would have to have some motoring enthusiasm to find or be led to a site like this, but that is just my opinion.

Unless i am completely and utterly misguided by the tracking ability of the forum you wouldn't be able gauge this enthusiasm without having close personal contact with the person, as simply using the sale forum doesn't indicate that they dont have a passion for Honda's. In fact, there needs to be proven contribution before one can view the marketplace anyway, which covers that off anyway. IF people then only choose to view and use the marketplace following this predetermined period, this isn't indicative of any harm to the nature of the site, because a lot of people may choose not to make any contribution anyway, rather to research and read on what is already available...

anyway, point taken, thanks for leaving it open for this long, close the thread...

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    Seemed to have missed this thread hence my late reply.

The thing is that the main purpose of the Marketplace is for members to buy/sell their Honda items. Unfortunately there are scammers out there who will pretend to sell a Honda item only to take off with your money.

So in a nutshell the reason we don't allow it is:
    • We don't see selling non-Honda items as a priority. Especially since there are other sites that allow you to do this, quite often for free
    • We would like to deter scammers
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq

Banned Array
    Car:
    EH9
    hi,

in terms of 'scammers' how common a problem is this on ozhonda? it seems most the scammers ARE long time members of the forum, selling honda items, escaping with money etc...

and how does advertising a non-honda item differ from posting pictures etc of non-honda cars?

I agree that if there was a 60 day limit and post count limit prior to posting it'd be unlikel yanybody would be bothered just signing up to sell / scam people.....

Member Array
    Car:
    CityRail
    Quote Originally Posted by kazam View Post
    and how does advertising a non-honda item differ from posting pictures etc of non-honda cars?
    Do you honestly need someone to spell this out for you?
    Tom says: "Now remember kids, offsets are like women... they are best in their teens."

Banned Array
    Car:
    EH9
    could u do me the honour sweetheart?

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    hi,

in terms of 'scammers' how common a problem is this on ozhonda? it seems most the scammers ARE long time members of the forum, selling honda items, escaping with money etc...
    Care to back that up with some evidence?

could u do me the honour sweetheart?
    He (and us) have better things to do.
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq

Car:
    DC2R + VT750c2
    Quote Originally Posted by wynode View Post
    Seemed to have missed this thread hence my late reply.

The thing is that the main purpose of the Marketplace is for members to buy/sell their Honda items. Unfortunately there are scammers out there who will pretend to sell a Honda item only to take off with your money.

So in a nutshell the reason we don't allow it is:
    • We don't see selling non-Honda items as a priority. Especially since there are other sites that allow you to do this, quite often for free
    • We would like to deter scammers

I understand your motives Wyn, no one wants to get scammed, or wants to own an entity that facilitates that sort of behaviour amongst its user base...

I suppose my short sighted view is that the forum is a community as much as it is a knowledge resource... so from that perspective i thought this would be a nice add-on to have to boost that "community feel", and offer members, maybe even just paying members the ability to partake in one deeper step in community participation.

Thanks for getting back though mate, hope you're well

Moderator - here to help Array
    i'll try and help wynode answer some questions.

with reference to the 'community feel', the moderator team have put in several suggestions to allow members more freedom and choices within the forum. wyn is slowly but surely putting them out for everyone to take advantage of, and there will be more to come.

as for the security of the site and its members, the moderator team are also going through the whole forum looking for cracks that potential thieves, scammers and non-registered users may try and abuse.

we're working hard to keep OH a safe and friendly place, and any suggestions you have are welcome.