Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    JDM EG Built B16a2 Turbo

Thoughts on Boost controllers.

Ok so im finished my build and ill be getting my car tuned on 23rd and i wanna get rid of my crappy turbosmart boost bleeder and get a nice electronic boost controller.

I've looked into the E-boost and E-boost 2 as alot of guys on here have these and love em.

I looked into this US brand called Gizzmo a while back and I've done some more research.

Read up on some forums and have been told that they use the same solenoid as the E-boost 2 as one of the guys swapped from the Eboost2 to the Gizzmo. He found that it was as good if not better. Dyno charts showed a very similar result but he just like the fact that it was simpler, smaller, easier to use and install. Not saying that the eboost2 is hard.

heres a good forum read:
    http://www.toymods.net/forums/archiv...p/t-11432.html

There selling for $299 so its a fairly large difference in price compared to the Eboost2. I think the main reason im leaning toward the Gizzmo is because its Simpler, less bulky (smaller) and easier to use and configure compared to the Eboost2 or AVCR.

I want to know if anyone else is running this boost controller and can you share your thoughts, or if anyone can give some other options on what there running and your advantages and disadvantages to the setup you have compared to others.
    Fastfwd Photoshoot cover pic Click here!

Member Array
    Car:
    doorstop
    if i was running boost & making a decent amount of power,i think my main priority would be looking into a boost per gear option

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM EG Built B16a2 Turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by CRXer View Post
    if i was running boost & making a decent amount of power,i think my main priority would be looking into a boost per gear option
    This has boost per gear option.

Member Array
    Car:
    doorstop
    yeh,but does it work?
    isnt it a simple time based selection of boost? it might work on consistent runs down the strip,but how do u set it up for the street or am i thinkin about another controller?

adrian was saying a coupla weeks ago when he was workin on lukes car that they just couldnt get the eboost(i think it was?) to work,even had the rep there & he just shrugged his shoulders.

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM EG Built B16a2 Turbo
    Nah this isnt the Eboost.

Eboost/eboost2 is apparently meant to be great.

Well as far as i have read on other forums by searching google the Gizzmo works great with most of its features. Most guys said it was more ideal for street use. 1 click button to change boost etc.

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    lets just say i got the eboost2 and i dunno how to use it. Its bloody complicated.

SO long as a boost controller holds boost correctly, that's the most important thing.
    Evo IX - THE FINAL EVOLUTION

Member Array
    Car:
    doorstop
    maybe just something u might want to research,if your expecting hands free boost per gear in all situations.

i just still picture luke sitting there with all the MPH in the world,but only if he could get the car moving,not to mention all the other boosted monsters ive murdered to half track in my little shitbox just to see them go steaming past at like 1000km/h just before the line

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM EG Built B16a2 Turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by Limbo View Post
    lets just say i got the eboost2 and i dunno how to use it. Its bloody complicated.

SO long as a boost controller holds boost correctly, that's the most important thing.
    Well thats the thing. The gizzmo from what people have said has been responsive and holds boost really well and from a quote lol "Yep, the Gizzmo is a sample of urine (piece of piss) to install and set up"

personally i love it how simple and small and clean it looks. Big numbers etc.

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    for the price i think that would be fine. I know that some EBC don't hold boost properly and leak.

If your not expecting or needing the other functions i don't see why u bother to spend the extra.

I only have the eboost2 cos i got it as a present, never realised how good it was until i used it and read some reviews on it
    Evo IX - THE FINAL EVOLUTION

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM EG Built B16a2 Turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by Limbo View Post
    for the price i think that would be fine. I know that some EBC don't hold boost properly and leak.

If your not expecting or needing the other functions i don't see why u bother to spend the extra.

I only have the eboost2 cos i got it as a present, never realised how good it was until i used it and read some reviews on it
    Well the Gizzmo uses the same solenoid as the eboost2 so leek problems would occur as much with them as they would with the eboost2 which i rarely here of.

But it does come with very similar options to the Eboost2.

Anyone using an AVCR?

Member Array
    Car:
    ED/EG5/EP3/JAZZ
    I'm yet to read through the e-boost 2 manual but there's a lot to understand...

% boost increase via the RPM wire is what makes e-boost so good at holding PSI.

The boost per grear opt sounds good for down the track but not really needed on 150kw

But with FastFwD power its more ideal
    Last edited by Lukezen27; 10-06-2009 at 05:00 PM.
    161.4KW ATW Tuned By TODA
    EG5 JDM B16A SiR-II TURBO

13.28@106.6mph 2.117 60ft On RE001

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM EG Built B16a2 Turbo
    So this is some information from www.gizzmoelectronics.com

Gizzmo MS-IBC Boostcontroller

In developing the MS-IBC, the aim was to design and engineer a boost controller that would cater to the serious drag racing professional, whilst still being quite at home on the streets. We succeeded. The MS-IBC is packed with the serious features that can be utilised in the real world of drag racing like 3.5 bar of boost control, a clear digital boost gauge with an over boost warning and a remote Facility to either toggle the high speed boost change memories or operate the Gizzmo Multi-Scramble feature.

Gizzmo's Multi-Scramble takes the conventional scramble feature one step further. A conventional scramble allows the user, upon pressing a button, to set a fixed amount of over boost and time duration e.g. 3lb extra for 5sec. Gizzmo's Multi-Scramble function allows the user to operate the button again before the scramble time has completed adding the same amount of boost again and refreshing the time duration.
    All of this plus closed/open loop modes packed into a great looking controller that is so easy to fit and operate.

* Adjustable up to 50lb (3.5bar)
    * Multi Scramble Boost
    * Remote Scramble/Boost Memory button facility
    * Over-Boost warning
    * Selectable open/closed loop boost control
    * 6 Boost Memories
    * 40mhz High Speed RISC Processor
    * Black Extruded Aluminium case
    * Blue 7 segment LED display
    * White backlit buttons
    * Real Time digital boost gauge
    * Simple 2-Wire Installation
    * Suits Internal or External Wastegates
    * Comes complete with all fitting

If im right i think the Scramble option lets you time the boost in sections instead of % per RPM.