Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by r-r-redEuro View Post
    nah it only lasted me 30,000kms and when i changed my brakes the mechanic said it could of been metal on metal ANYtime now so lucky me. but i didnt machine my discs yet and i have noticed a small tiny squeek when i slow down, could it be that the brakes need to to worn into or i need to machine my discs ?
    what?~!?!

I'm still on the 1st set of pads... i'm on 33000ks with 2 track days and mine are still there! lol

How hard have you been driving?

the markers on the OEM pads extend pretty far in so even when your brakes start squeeling there is plenty of meat left on the pads. just honda's way of getting you to buy new pads ($$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$)

Member Array
    Car:
    Mville station + 423 bus
    alexxxxxxxxx !!!!! kid. LOL anyways. umm my brake pads, im talking about the rears ones. and my fronts have about 60% left. so yeah i dont know hwy the rears are wearing out so fast ! i wanna know why so i can save money in not buying new pads every 30,000kms. lol
    PSN: Ply88

Games:CODMW2FIFA10SF4Tekken6Pro Evolution Soccer

rears go first on accord euro.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    alexxxxxxxxx !!!!! kid. LOL anyways. umm my brake pads, im talking about the rears ones. and my fronts have about 60% left. so yeah i dont know hwy the rears are wearing out so fast ! i wanna know why so i can save money in not buying new pads every 30,000kms. lol
    Your handbrake cable may be too tight. Or you are doing a lot of handbrake turns.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EG / 2003 Euro CL9
    Hey guys im having a tranny problem...seems to make weird supercharger like noises in 1st and second gear...its a 2003 auto non luxury btw....and when its in park its like i can hear the whole gearbox spinning...in a supercharger like way ...but my gear changes are all smooth and the car drives perfect...its done 125000km and its out of warranty ..where can i get a second hand low mileage gearbox? Or should i just drive it till it seizes? help would be much appreciated

Member Array
    Car:
    Mville station + 423 bus
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    Your handbrake cable may be too tight. Or you are doing a lot of handbrake turns.
    it might be too tight because every time i read my honda service receipts it says, tighten handbrake etc. but no i don't ever do handbrake turns except for 2 occasions, one was chucking a u turn, and the other was me and my friend just wearing out my old tyres before i put on new ones the day after.
    PSN: Ply88

Games:CODMW2FIFA10SF4Tekken6Pro Evolution Soccer

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Has the auto transmission fluid been changed? If you want to get a 2nd hand gearbox, the wreckers would be your best bet.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EG / 2003 Euro CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    Has the auto transmission fluid been changed? If you want to get a 2nd hand gearbox, the wreckers would be your best bet.
    yup changed it today with some treatment stuff too...same noise...its only on park and 1st and second gear then it goes away....may be the clutch pack... looking for a second hand tranny now....

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    it might be too tight because every time i read my honda service receipts it says, tighten handbrake etc. but no i don't ever do handbrake turns except for 2 occasions, one was chucking a u turn, and the other was me and my friend just wearing out my old tyres before i put on new ones the day after.
    Count the number of clicks on the handbrake as you pull it up tight. It should be 6-8 clicks.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by JPEG View Post
    yup changed it today with some treatment stuff too...same noise...its only on park and 1st and second gear then it goes away....may be the clutch pack... looking for a second hand tranny now....
    Is this the first ATF change since new? It should be changed every 2 years. Hopefully you used Honda ATF. Don't add any of the aftermarket treatment things. Those can cause problems in the long run.

hi all,

- my driver side actuator is stuffed up. cannot use my remote key to lock or open.