Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    S2000 AP1
    You build maximum oil pressure by about 3 grand. No need to rev it high. Sounds like a thermostat, either stuck open or it's got an aftermarket thermostat that opens at like 73deg. I fitted one of these to mine, and under normal cruising condition's late on a cold night water temps get as low as 65deg and it goes from three bars to two. The cold start has kicked in once. Seeing you live in canberra, there's a good chance that's it. Mine didn't make it to vtec though, it cut out as per normal when it's cold.

Do you have a CAI?
    Last edited by JAP-S2K; 18-06-2009 at 05:29 PM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord, s2k now wrx22b
    Quote Originally Posted by JAP-S2K View Post
    You build maximum oil pressure by about 3 grand. No need to rev it high. Sounds like a thermostat, either stuck open or it's got an aftermarket thermostat that opens at like 73deg. I fitted one of these to mine, and under normal cruising condition's late on a cold night water temps get as low as 65deg and it goes from three bars to two. The cold start has kicked in once. Seeing you live in canberra, there's a good chance that's it. Mine didn't make it to vtec though, it cut out as per normal when it's cold.

Do you have a CAI?
    yeah when its on 3 bars, doesn't last too long, (IF) get its to the point where its 3 bars about 2 mins later it drops back down to 2 bars or even 1 lol only drops to 1 on the really really stupid canberra cold nights!

I have a k&n pod as far as im aware..?

i'll check everything you all said tomorrow when it gets abit warmer lol
    iFlutter

(edit: I used to flutter =[) Vtakk'n again rofl.

edit: iFlutter again!! lol

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by KruZzN View Post
    Yeah i had a feeling that was the issue so i let get to 3 bars first (I swear its never on 3 bars, but thats probably coz im in canberra hahah so f@#$^*@#^(#$king cold!!) I have to let it sit there idolling for ages before it goes 3 bars because if i drive it never gets to 3 bars ever.
    Replace your thermostat. It has failed.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Even at 0 degree the temp gauge SHOULDN'T drop below 3 bars after it warms up.

2 of you have faulty thermostat by the look of it. I have aftermarket thermostat and it doesn't do that.
    CS6A - ER34 (1) - ER34 (2) - DC5R - AP1 - ?

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000 AP1
    I was thinking mine could be faulty, however it's only about 2 months old. Mine did take a fair bit of HWY driving but only doing 80 or so, till it fell back to 2 bars. It's a J's Racing item and it hits three bars and just opens. I think at around 68 deg mine gets to three bars.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by JAP-S2K View Post
    I was thinking mine could be faulty, however it's only about 2 months old. Mine did take a fair bit of HWY driving but only doing 80 or so, till it fell back to 2 bars. It's a J's Racing item and it hits three bars and just opens. I think at around 68 deg mine gets to three bars.
    A J's Racing thermostat opens at lower temperatures, so the temperature will be lower. It will take some driving before it comes down. A failed thermostat will have the temperature drop after just a little bit of driving. The OEM thermostat should open at about 90 ºC.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

for street driving you want a descent coolant temperature. it does have an affect on fuel economy.

If you're not racing, don't use a racing cooling system. its not designed for street use.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    Replace your thermostat. It has failed.
    What he said

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    Quote Originally Posted by CRXer View Post
    what if u just manually powered the solenoid john & did a quick oil pressure check at high rpm in the driveway,would that work?
    Iv done that before and it works, as long as you disconect the VTEC sol fist and dont drive it real hard. ( wrong maps for the hi cam profile )

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord, s2k now wrx22b
    okies will do! replace the thingy it is lol.
    iFlutter

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord, s2k now wrx22b
    one more thing lol, how much do they go for and whats best option to take? (OEM, aftermarket, brand... etc)

CHEERS!!
    iFlutter

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Mugen thermostats go for about 25-30 bucks and they help keep your car cooler than oem.