Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Hybrid View

Member Array
    Car:
    doorstop
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteAP1 View Post
    Mugen thermostats go for about 25-30 bucks and they help keep your car cooler than oem.
    which is another great reason to buy OEM.......

if your coolants not running in proper operating temp range,it will play havoc with your part throttle fueling.

theres no performance benefit to a cooler engine & 2 different thermostats that are both fully open by 90deg anyway, is never gonna make any difference to your car overheating.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by CRXer View Post
    which is another great reason to buy OEM.......

if your coolants not running in proper operating temp range,it will play havoc with your part throttle fueling.

theres no performance benefit to a cooler engine & 2 different thermostats that are both fully open by 90deg anyway, is never gonna make any difference to your car overheating.
    Fitted with a mugen fan switch and radiator cap you can really combat the summer heat and avoid that ever annoying heatsoak and bogdown that many s2000 owners have experienced and hate. With this little trio during the heatwave last summer, the car actually moved when I put my foot down.

Each to their own
    Last edited by WhiteAP1; 24-06-2009 at 01:46 AM.

Check your oil, if you are low on oil that could be the case. I used to own a honda prelude and whenever oil was low vtec never worked.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord, s2k now wrx22b
    Quote Originally Posted by vtecit View Post
    Check your oil, if you are low on oil that could be the case. I used to own a honda prelude and whenever oil was low vtec never worked.
    first post somewhere i said my oil is all g thanks anyway, replaced thermostat problem rectified y0!
    iFlutter

(edit: I used to flutter =[) Vtakk'n again rofl.

edit: iFlutter again!! lol

Member Array
    Car:
    00' s2000
    yea i had the same issue. when the engine is cold and u try pushing it..it wont click over 6k rpm
    i fink its a safety feature on the s2000s so the engine doesnt push and detonate itself before it is at optimum heat. The oil is 2 cold 2 lubricate the engine properly and when the car is forcing itself to such high revs, aswell as vtec, this can damage the motor quite badly.
    i jus got my s2k 2 weeks ago and wen this happened 2 me..i shit myself thinking d engine was fukd. boy was i glad onc i relised my engine was 2 cold.