Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 04 Lux

whiteline rsb install

Hi Guys

just picked up my whiteline rsb yesterday. Going to to attempt a DIY install. found the following DIY link for itL

http://tsx.acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=656864

Anyways, you guys got any tips or insight into the install.

Once I do it I'll post some pic and let you guys know how I went

If you're not certain how to proceed it might be smart to let a pro do it.
    People who like this sort of this will find this the sort of thing they like. - Abraham Lincoln-1861

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Quote Originally Posted by s4029768 View Post
    Hi Guys

just picked up my whiteline rsb yesterday. Going to to attempt a DIY install. found the following DIY link for itL

http://tsx.acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=656864

Anyways, you guys got any tips or insight into the install.

Once I do it I'll post some pic and let you guys know how I went
    Follow those instructions and you'll be right.I did mine.It's easy.

Member Array
    Car:
    2004 Euro Luxury
    yeah its easy I installed mine without removing the wheel/ or jacking up the car.

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9
    if your euro is not lowered you may be able to do it without jacking up the car, yes you can do it without removing your wheels, however it is much easier to install it with the car jacked up on stands and wheels removed.

a couple of tips:
    - remember to use a lot of grease on the bushes, if you have bought the rsb second hand go get some lithium grease if it is new it should come with some grease for you to use on the bushes.

- tighten it all up when the car is back down on the ground again (if you jacked up the car)

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9, DC2 VTi-R, CL09
    do you guys know where to get Energy Suspension POLYURETHANE sway bar bushes or any brand for 18mm rsb.
    i bought my whiteline rsb second hand, didnt come with the bushes, the stock one too small.

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9
    not sure where you can get them from but you can get the poly whiteline ones, should be easier to source

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Spray some WD40 on the endlinks before you undo them. Make sure you have the correct sized allen key to put through the middle of the endlink bolt.

Apply a good lithium grease on the bushing to stop it from creaking/twanging. I use Castrol LMM grease. The supplied white lithium grease is crap.

Do up the endlinks reasonably tight. The subframe brackets have a torque spec as well, but you should do them up reasonably tight as well but not overtightening it so you don't strip the thread.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    2004 Euro Luxury
    oh and take note of which way the stock bar is shaped towards I tried installed the bar upside down for 15 minutes before I realised.