Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

My 2008 Accord Euro wont start up!

Hello,

As per the topic, I tried starting my Euro today but it would not start. It appears the battery is completely dead as the lights wont turn on, the doors wont lock/unlock etc.

What happened was I left the key in there since Tuesday, however the keys were in the shut-off position (i.e. not on standby or starting the engine). The lights weren't switched on either, I just forgot to take the keys.

Does anyone know what the problem is and what I can do to fix it? I tried calling NRMA roadside assistance but they said due to delays today, the ETA is around 3 hours and I wanted to see if I can try and fix it myself.

My friend suggested jump starting the car.

Thanks in advance

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 Euro/2008 Civic
    Very interesting. I'd like to know what the outcome is. I often leave my key in the ignition in the off position, but only for a few hours at a time not for a few days. However, you would not expect this to cause any battery drain.
    Good Luck!

i hope u had ur car in a locked garage when u left ur keys in the ignition...otherwise it would have been easy for a thief to break the window or just simply open the door if it was unlocked and drove away with ur keys

but any how....jump starting the car could be an idea...try it an see how u go...also check if the battery is still covered by warranty from honda...it might be a faulty battery
    VTEC = Say My Name!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 Euro/2008 Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by IndoStyler View Post
    try it an see how u go...also check if the battery is still covered by warranty from honda...it might be a faulty battery
    Good idea, my battery died on me even before I was able to drive my brand new car out the dealers' gates

Member Array
    Car:
    03 CL9 Euro
    yeh the battery drains fairly easily on the euro.

How old is the car? How often do you drive it and for long trips e.g 30mins or more
    vTeK 4-Life!
    FOR SALE: CL9

Quote Originally Posted by Crapdaz View Post

How old is the car?
    If the title says 2008 Euro, how old can the car be?

Member Array
    Car:
    Pair of everlast shoes

How old is the car? How often do you drive it and for long trips e.g 30mins or more
    hahahahah daz. didnt read the title?

back on topic: try charging?
    Last edited by mp-; 20-06-2009 at 05:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by unity View Post
    Very interesting. I'd like to know what the outcome is. I often leave my key in the ignition in the off position, but only for a few hours at a time not for a few days. However, you would not expect this to cause any battery drain.
    Good Luck!
    I seldom leave the key in the off position, only if I now I'm going to be using the car again in 30-60 mins. This instance, I must have forgotten completely and just left the key but am surprised it has caused the battery to drain as I can't think of what is requiring battery usage - the only thing I can think of is the beeping noise made when you open the door and still have the car in, but once you close the door it shouldn't make that noise anymore.

The lights, music etc were all off.

However, I can't even open my boot now or lock all the doors.

Quote Originally Posted by IndoStyler View Post
    i hope u had ur car in a locked garage when u left ur keys in the ignition...otherwise it would have been easy for a thief to break the window or just simply open the door if it was unlocked and drove away with ur keys

but any how....jump starting the car could be an idea...try it an see how u go...also check if the battery is still covered by warranty from honda...it might be a faulty battery
    Thanks for the reply.

Do you think it would be best to get someone from NRMA to come and check for me? I am covered under the 5 year roadside assistance with Honda/NRMA and I've just asked and its a free service to come and check/fix my problem.

I'm just thinking its safer for them to help with the jump start than me trying on my own in case of any stuff ups.

This is the first time that's happened to me. If that battery has been drained, does this mean a jump start will/can solve the issue or will I need to replace the battery fairly soon?

The car is fairly new - 2008. I only drive it on the weekends for approx 1 hour trip/s.

Quote Originally Posted by mp- View Post
    hahahahah daz. didnt read the title?

back on topic: try charging?
    Thanks, by charging, do you mean jump starting the battery from another car's battery?

Member Array
    Car:
    Choo Choo shoe.
    Shoudnt leave the key in the ignition.

ECU wont go to sleep. Causing you to have a higher standby current draw than normal. (which is usually 0.01amps or something.)

On newer cars with the immobiliser in the key, the chip interacts thru the ignition barrel.
    That barrel reads the code on the immobiliser chip and also supplies power.
    If you leave your key in there, the ECU will always think that youre about to drive off, or just take the key out.

Im not sure if the euros have a standby/sleep system even with the key in the barrell.
    But usually, current draw tests are checked with the key out of the ignition. (on cars with immobiliser keys)