Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    breeze guess wats inside?

Coilover question.

Hi i currently drive a eg, n im fussing between Borchuaan (bc racing) coil overs and tein ss. My car will be mostly used for street and occasional track days. I have drove my mates mazda 3 with tein ss's and found that it was too soft for my liking. Just wanted to know which coilover is more appropriate for tracking. Or if you guys can suggest any other coilovers for a budget under 2 k? Also if u guys know any good joints round melb (south eastern subs) to get them installed and tuned. And do i also need itr lca's fitted to run coilies?

sorry for all the nub questions. Thanks in advance. peace.
    BseriesOUS~!~

Member Array
    Car:
    bump lol anu input would be sick. Cheers.
    BseriesOUS~!~

DBG Krogoth Array
    Car:
    M35
    it all depends on how much stiffness u want...a member here used to have Tein SS for his EJ8, felt too soft for either his or my liking...even stock DC2R shocks and springs feel firmer than the SS...

I've heard that BC is good enough, i know someone who has BC on his EK and had a track day, he said it was very good for the price that he paid (i think he paid around $1.2k-ish delivered from NZ)...if u're interested, maybe have a check @ e-bay or something...

not sure if u need DC2R rear LCAs with the BC coils, i know that K-Sport coils come with both EG (fork type) and DC2R (eyelet?) lower part...

hope that helps
    Team Yum Cha Daily

DBG - A New Revolution in Car Modding

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Buddyclub N+ for stiffness and reasonable price.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    how much do u think i can pick up a pair n+ for? N wheres a good joint that can install/tune my coilies in melb. Thnkx for ur input.
    BseriesOUS~!~

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    EK4 VTI-R
    The tein ss i believe can have EDFC (Electronic damping force controller) installed...basically it controls each damper, lets you control how hard or soft you want them to run which is pretty cool (all from inside the car electronically from a controller), aswell as useful if you take your car to the street or track often..or in some cases live where theres crappy roads.

not sure on pricing of the suspension itself but i know EDFC is around 800-900bucks more..

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by reedyek4 View Post
    The tein ss i believe can have EDFC (Electronic damping force controller) installed...basically it controls each damper, lets you control how hard or soft you want them to run which is pretty cool (all from inside the car electronically from a controller), aswell as useful if you take your car to the street or track often..or in some cases live where theres crappy roads.

not sure on pricing of the suspension itself but i know EDFC is around 800-900bucks more..
    I have EDFC and it is more trouble it is worth when there are connection problems between the motor and the controller. It goes *BEEEP BEEEEP BEEEP* every 30 seconds lol.

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    EK4 VTI-R
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    I have EDFC and it is more trouble it is worth when there are connection problems between the motor and the controller. It goes *BEEEP BEEEEP BEEEP* every 30 seconds lol.
    haha nahh way! couldnt deal with that!

with problems aside is it any good? use it much?

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by reedyek4 View Post
    haha nahh way! couldnt deal with that!

with problems aside is it any good? use it much?
    It's alright if it wasn't problematic. With Tein coilovers, the center damper rod can rotate slightly as you go over bumps when driving. So after a while, you will find the wiring coiled up around the motor and pulling against it, eventually causing wire breakage. I don't use it at all. Once you find the right damper setting, there is no need to change it. Only time I do change it is when I go to trackdays and that is not frequent enough anyway. If you can access the front and rear damper knobs by opening the boot and bonnet, just use the knobs. If you have a car like the Euro, then it might be worth it since the rear damper adjustment will require removal of the side bolsters. But as I said, I don't change it often enough to make it worth the $800. The only reason I have mine is because it came with the coils when I bought it 2nd hand.

Member Array
    Car:
    wheres a good joint in melb where i can get my coilies installed/tuned???
    BseriesOUS~!~

Member Array
    Car:
    EG/AP1
    which area are you located in?

Member Array
    Car:
    south/east subs.
    BseriesOUS~!~