Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R

CVT transmission flush

hey guys, how do i flush the cvt transmission fluid? anyone did it before and do i have to reset anything? anyone care to share? how many litres does it take?
    Last edited by soongster; 22-06-2009 at 01:18 AM.
    Never argue with idiots, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG3
    shit testing my memory here but the CVT recall procedure was similar to the CRV differential flush, where you would replace the existing ATF with proper CVT oils and run it on a hoist for like 40 minutes (we just gave it a good drive same diff) and then take it back and drain it and refill again, so all up I'd say 6-7 litres would be safe bet if you wish to follow it that way forgot how much they take.
    Why hello there

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R
    yeah, thats the theory but i need the method. i dont know where is the bolt to flush it or what so ever. first timer so any help, DIY guides would be useful.
    Never argue with idiots, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Member Array
    Car:
    09 VTIS, Lotus.
    Whilst this topic is going, I'm going to do a CVT fluid change myself. Tynans Honda Kirrawee have the CVTF fluid at $25.30 a litre. Is this about right ?

Member Array
    Car:
    EURO LUX
    80 odd for 5 ltrs
    best to get that instead

Member Array
    Car:
    09 VTIS, Lotus.
    Where from ?

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R
    can anyone help?

Member Array
    Car:
    EURO LUX
    honda
    they only sell it
    honda cvt oil

i did mine not long ago

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R
    Quote Originally Posted by 90LAN View Post
    honda
    they only sell it
    honda cvt oil

i did mine not long ago
    can u confirm to this? This is what someone told me i should do in regards to flushing the cvt. since u done it before..

IF you are not having any problems I would simply drain the old stuff and put in the new CVT fluid. But if you are having problems I would drain and install the new stuff twice. Here are the instructions. Recalibrating the CVT is easy and you can DIY it. Just drive up to about 60 kph then let off the gas and coast down to about 20-30 kph do this a couple of times or just simply drive around like you normally do and it will calibrate itself over a short amount of time.

1. Park the vehicle on level ground.

2. Remove the drain plug

18 x 1.5 mm
    49 N·m
    (5.0 kgf·m, 36 lbf·ft)B

3. Reinstall the drain plug with the new sealing washer (The same as oil plug.)

4. Refill the transmission with genuine Honda Automatic Transmission Fluid (ATF) into the dipstick guide pipe opening to the upper mark on the dipstick. Always use genuine Honda ATF, using a non-Honda ATF can affect the shift quality.

Automatic Transmission Fluid Capacity:3.2 L (3.4 US qt, 2.8 Imp qt) at change

5. Check the fluid level. It should be between upper mark (B) and lower mark (C) on the COLD gauge.

Thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    EURO LUX
    yep true
    stops the vibrations when taking off
    when you give it a flush out

Member Array
    Car:
    09 VTIS, Lotus.
    Where the F is the CVT drain bolt. Is it that strange looking bolt with the square shaped, hex key looking bolt ? ( is a special tool needed ? ).

Member Array
    Car:
    09 VTIS, Lotus.
    Okay, just figured out its a 3/8" drive ratchet or breaker bar needed. Only tool I dont have. Bloody Honda!!!!!!!!!!