Creaking sound from wheels

I keep hearing this creaking sound coming from my wheels when i take off.
    My car is lowered quite a bit and on 20's. I think it started when i replaced my rear tyres but not sure. Anyone know what this is?

Member Array
    Car:
    E92 M3
    Lan it could be the wheel bearings

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Does the sound come from a particular wheel? Are you using hub-centric rings with your 20"s?
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000 AP1
    If it's a creaking sound only heard on initial takeoff or when your just starting to reverse. It's your outer hub splines are dry. If this is it, not to worry, nothing will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by JAP-S2K View Post
    If it's a creaking sound only heard on initial takeoff or when your just starting to reverse. It's your outer hub splines are dry. If this is it, not to worry, nothing will happen.
    yeh bro that's exactly the problem.
    What should i do about it?
    thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000 AP1
    The clicking/creaking sound isn't anything serious though, and nothing will fall off. Providing that we're talking about the same thing. And there is no clicking/creaking sound once your up and moving, it's only when you initially take off and initially reverse? If this is correct then we're on the same page.

If it's seriously bothering you. You'll need to grease the splines to the outer hub connecting to the wheel hub. Firstly you need to undo the driveshaft bolt from the hub, and i think from memory you'll need a 32mm socket, once this is done, disconnect the lower control arm and make sure you disconnect the ABS sensor, as these are easily damaged and are not cheap. You can either opt to pull the whole driveshaft out or leave it connected to the diff, personally undo the bolts the inner side and pull out whole driveshaft. Lightly grease the external splines and re-install. Not sure if your mechanically minded or not. But this is best done off a hoist as this can be a complex job if done in a garage. I've done this off a hoist and it wasn't to difficult.

Also once you put back together, best to get a wheel alignment.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R / S2000
    piks of ur car!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

Now there's a weird creaking/squeaking sound from the wheels that randomly starts and stops when im driving. it sounds like something is rubbing together like maybe brake pads.

Member Array
    Car:
    VTIR
    Got a similar problem as well. It also creaks when driving on a uneven surface at low speeds. Pretty annoying. I was planning to bring it to the mechanics to fix as im not mechanically minded but unsure of the costs. Let me know how you go in fixing it.

Well the squealing noise was the brake pads like i thought. Im changing them for 200. Then im selling my rims and putting 18's on. Too many headaches.