Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    doorstop
    thats what i mean,
    everybody has there own different methods of how they think it should be done,its hard to compare readings,especially when u dont know how correct your gauge is or how well u have it screwed in way down there.
    who knows how honda want u to test against their values?
    if u get a dud reading & your motor is running like shit,then investigate further,if not dont worry about the actual figure

Member Array
    Car:
    ED/EG5/EP3/JAZZ
    Quote Originally Posted by CRXer View Post
    thats what i mean,
    everybody has there own different methods of how they think it should be done,its hard to compare readings,especially when u dont know how correct your gauge is or how well u have it screwed in way down there.
    who knows how honda want u to test against their values?
    if u get a dud reading & your motor is running like shit,then investigate further,if not dont worry about the actual figure
    IC

Just like dyno read-outs
    161.4KW ATW Tuned By TODA
    EG5 JDM B16A SiR-II TURBO

13.28@106.6mph 2.117 60ft On RE001

Member Array
    Car:
    doorstop
    exactly

in both cases,just use the same measuring device,make the test conditions repeatable & dont worry too much about the actual figure(unless its totally absurd),but whether it is going up/down or the same value when testing.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic 97
    ha ha cool thanks guys :P i am just wondering caz i thought i would do it before i put the new computer in it and get it tuned see how she is inside there, hopefully its a bove 150psi then :P

better to do it warm motor or cold, caz i cant warm my motor up caz i kinda have no headers atm lol
    WOULD YOU LIKE SOME FRONT BAR WITH YOUR FRONT MOUNT

Member Array
    Car:
    doorstop
    cold or hot,it wont make a big enough difference on a stock motor to worry,just make sure u test all the cylinders under the same conditions,if u get bad results,then investigate further with a leakdown

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic 97
    cool thanks i'll let you know what numbers i get going to do it this weekend if i get a chance
    WOULD YOU LIKE SOME FRONT BAR WITH YOUR FRONT MOUNT

Member Array
    Car:
    boosted dc2...
    make sure the throttle is fully open as well, if it isnt, it makes greater resistance for the air to enter the engine reading in a slightly negative reading.

the compression test is a guide i would only use to compare each piston to the other to find potential problems. nothing else imo.
    Boosted Integra underway!