Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Reset ECU

Reset ECU

I've searched and search, but there dosen't seem to be a thread about resetting the ECU on Accord Euros

I drive a '03 Euro, only replaced the panel air filter to the one offered from K&N, and I believe the engine is running rich. Honestly I don't VTEC the engine at all thesedays, and I've been easy on the throttle ever since, I change gears at around 2500 and short shift where ever I can and only fill up half a tank. Best I could do is probably 200km to 220km and all on city driving...

My mate notices I drag high gears to keep driving at low rpms, knowing it's wrong now and I've changed my style, but still not much of an improvement to fuel consumption, so I was wondering could it be the air filter creating wrong readings to the sensors and in turn increased fuel consumption directed by the ECU?

I've been reading Integra drivers could reset their ECU by disconnecting the battery and reconnecting after certain time, can this be applied to Accord Euro's as well?

Thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    I just disconnect battery for a few minutes.
    Honda Accord Euro CU2 / Lexus IS-F

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Yes it can.

Remove the ECU fuse in the fuse box in the engine bay.It's the BIG one and it's 80A (amp).
    Leave it out for 5-7 minutes (a good 5 minutes)
    put it back in and start the car
    don't touch anything!
    let it idle for 5-7 minutes
    turn it off
    turn it back on and your done.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Or just take the negative terminal off.

Have you checked your tyre pressure?
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    Eva
    Is it possible your ecu could just be getting lazy from driving it so soft and it has to work harder to go the same speed now?

Have you tried just driving it hard for a day or 2 and seeing the difference? I know I redline every 5th or 6th take off from the lights and go WOT pretty regularly and I still manage 500-525km out of a tank on city streets
    CL9 Euro Luxury

Toda - 127kW | Wakefield - 1:19.1 | WSID - 15.4

QUALITY K-SERIES AND CL9 EURO PARTS FOR SALE

I check my tyre pressure everytime I fill up, always at 34 psi front, 33 psi rear, considering to change the oil and fuel filters now

though I've been reading this thread http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...ight=reset+ECU

one member saids "taking out battery does nothing to the computer... Euro is all EPROM memory... it doesnt self reset!"

comments?...

Quote Originally Posted by integral90 View Post
    Is it possible your ecu could just be getting lazy from driving it so soft and it has to work harder to go the same speed now?

Have you tried just driving it hard for a day or 2 and seeing the difference? I know I redline every 5th or 6th take off from the lights and go WOT pretty regularly and I still manage 500-525km out of a tank on city streets
    really? can an ecu get lazy?
    maybe it's just my mind but some days i rev the engine and it feels fast and other days it seems slightly slower.
    lol

just dc the neg terminal for like 20mins to reset everything

Member Array
    Car:
    Eva
    Quote Originally Posted by migoreng View Post
    really? can an ecu get lazy?
    maybe it's just my mind but some days i rev the engine and it feels fast and other days it seems slightly slower.
    lol

just dc the neg terminal for like 20mins to reset everything
    From what I've heard an ecu can kind of retune itself for fuel efficiency depending how you drive it. Maybe from driving so softly something in the engine isn't firing properly?

Also reply to the PM Blitzen!
    CL9 Euro Luxury

Toda - 127kW | Wakefield - 1:19.1 | WSID - 15.4

QUALITY K-SERIES AND CL9 EURO PARTS FOR SALE

Member Array
    Car:
    SloEur
    try to fill up a full tank instead. You will get a more accurate indication of how much fuel in your tank. Take the reading over 3 to 5 tanks. Using the same fuel. Driving too slowly, you are spending more time accelerating. I find accelerating briskly can actually be more economical.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzen View Post
    I check my tyre pressure everytime I fill up, always at 34 psi front, 33 psi rear, considering to change the oil and fuel filters now

though I've been reading this thread http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...ight=reset+ECU

one member saids "taking out battery does nothing to the computer... Euro is all EPROM memory... it doesnt self reset!"

comments?...
    I'd put in 38 front,36 rear and see how you go.also oil and filter change will help depending when you last did it!Also a bit of enthusiastic sports driving,eg vtec it a number of times and it'll"wake up" the ECU.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by MiSloVic View Post
    try to fill up a full tank instead. You will get a more accurate indication of how much fuel in your tank. Take the reading over 3 to 5 tanks. Using the same fuel. Driving too slowly, you are spending more time accelerating. I find accelerating briskly can actually be more economical.
    Agreed, we can only compare if you get accurate L/100km numbers and not kms per tank.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    05 Euro M Red 6
    Meh. Ive done heaps of changes. I also have the jutune. Forget about resting the ecu. Drive it for about 100kms hard. That will sort it.

Noticed a change like this when i did header, intake and especially hi flow cat. It alsways took about an hours of driving for it to "kick in". i dont think a filter will do a lot though.
    Drive!
    I went to the modded XR5 Turbo with Mods - the dark side.....BOOOOST!