CL9 b-pipe resonator

So I suddenly had a thought to do something about the exhaust sound on my CL9, I don't want a Canon because they're too loud... and I don't want to spend a fortune on a good exhaust system... I remember Integral90 had his CL9 b-pipe resonator replaced with a straight pipe, and the last time I followed his car with that set up, the exhaust produced quite a good sound, some sharp tone yet conservative sound, I know... makes no sense...

anyway, just wondering has anyone else done this modification before? can you share some photos, pros and cons? I'm really curious to it's effects on low range torque and fuel consumption, also where abouts would you recommend doing this job and pricing

I know I'm asking alot, but thanks!

Liam! ur input would be great lol!

Member Array
    Car:
    Eva
    The setup I had at that time was hella ghetto. Replaced the first resonator with straight pipe (dipshit at the shop replaced it with 2" instead of 2 1/8") and had the left (looking from the back) muffler wedged open permanently. So it was like semi-open-pipe, hehe

When I got rid of the resonator I only felt a little more push in the 4000-5000rpm mark, mostly at 4500rpm could I feel the difference. By 6500-7000rpm other parts of the car are out of breath so the catback isn't going to do anything.

As I've said before when you replace the resonators you don't really gain any noise, just sound - if that makes sense. The car is no louder but within that sound you get a raspy, sort of rough revving sound which is really nice and makes the car feel a little rawer without being imposing. Also it sounds like an M3 when you drive it cold
    CL9 Euro Luxury

Toda - 127kW | Wakefield - 1:19.1 | WSID - 15.4

QUALITY K-SERIES AND CL9 EURO PARTS FOR SALE

Thanks man, so you only modified one out of the two exhaust pipes? and your method is really ghetto! :P is there any aftermarket bolt on options available out there instead of cut and weld lol

Member Array
    Car:
    Eva
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzen View Post
    Thanks man, so you only modified one out of the two exhaust pipes? and your method is really ghetto! :P is there any aftermarket bolt on options available out there instead of cut and weld lol
    One of the mufflers after the split is welded on the other has a bolted on section, so you can wedge it

There's no swap kit, gotta weld it
    CL9 Euro Luxury

Toda - 127kW | Wakefield - 1:19.1 | WSID - 15.4

QUALITY K-SERIES AND CL9 EURO PARTS FOR SALE