Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    Jdm EG6
    Mine went right into the red on my mc19 today trying to get through the m5 tunnell but is fine when it's being risen normally. also oberheats when in traffic sometimes but most of the time not.... Got me stumped
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    hmm id tap it. Even in mid air like that. Possibly with the pee pee flying out too.
    you guys remember squirtqueen.com ? I spent many a hr in computer studies in yr 10 looking that up.

if it overheats while moving probably the thermostat is blocked ?

Member Array
    Car:
    Jdm EG6
    well when moving no but crawling in the 100 degree bumper to bumper m5 tunnell it was getting hella hot, as soon as i got out of the tunnell went back to normal so NFI
    hmm id tap it. Even in mid air like that. Possibly with the pee pee flying out too.
    you guys remember squirtqueen.com ? I spent many a hr in computer studies in yr 10 looking that up.

perry thats absolutly normal.
    i have a 600rr and in traffic it heats up to 110degrees as soon as i start moving it drops to about 90. i also used to have your same bike in the past and rode it to work. same thing happens.
    nothing is wrong with your bike.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    s2k,ED,EG
    Quote Originally Posted by dogcrapau View Post
    perry thats absolutly normal.
    i have a 600rr and in traffic it heats up to 110degrees as soon as i start moving it drops to about 90. i also used to have your same bike in the past and rode it to work. same thing happens.
    nothing is wrong with your bike.

Thanks dude is it me or just all honda sport bikes has the same problem?

all honda cars have the same problem/s too.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC4 + ZXR250C
    as long as the temp drops while you're moving it should be ok... these lil engines do tend to heat up when not getting enough cool air. in saying that quite a while back my lil ninja did heat up quite often and it was blown head gasket... 800 bux to fix not easy to swallow when these learner bikes are worth less that 5000 :-(

Member Array
    Car:
    Rachel & Renee
    yeah man happens to me too gets really hot when your stuck in traffic but as soon as theres airflow it'll drop
    Coup De Grace / Rachel

Built by Backyard Performance
    JDMyard / Autobarn Bankstown / Accurate Brake and Clutch Lidcombe / Performance Exhaust Northmead

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC5 LUX
    (Don't forget your sitting in a massive invisible cloud of exhaust fumes in traffic)
    if it heats up in traffic its normal but if it happens while your riding thats when you have a situation

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1

Wink

Mine used to hit red before. But then i took it to the mechs n now it only goes less then 3/4. Previous owner didnt take care of it n left the coolant to go off

Apparently the fan is set to turn on roughly at a temp of 100deg. So obviously the bike will feel pretty dayum hot before u start moving n feeding that airflow in.

Hope this helps
    Last edited by Jaiiiwon; 24-02-2012 at 11:07 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Integra
    My mates cbrr250 use to run around 3/4 as well...always got scared of riding it...
    Another mates cbrr250 seems to run fine though.