Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What's the difference between the 2006 8th Gen MY07 and 8th Gen?

Just something that i've always been curious about. What's the difference between the MY07 models of the 8th Gens? Does it mean that it's just the first iteration of the model?

As per:
    http://www.redbook.com.au/used-cars/...&TabId=1407342

I believe the MY06 and MY07 Civic Vti-L's have different wheels. 15" vs. 16"

The MY07 vti and vti-l has an additional pocket where the VSA switch is supposed to be in the sport whereas the MY06 just has blank switches.

ahh shite.. that explains why mine sport has no VSA standard. I wonder if that's the same reason why mine doesn't have ABS on it either?

should've waited ..i knew i should have waited.

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1 Civic
    Are you sure? I thought even the 06 Sport had VSA and ABS. The only difference I can think of between the 06 and 07 Sport is the 16 inch and 17 inch wheels.

I was told the VSA only became standard in the 2007 models and onwards. Mine was optional at the time of purchase

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    FD CIVIC 2006
    I think also MY07 has carpet on the boot (door), AUX plug

yup 07+ comes with aux standard

Member Array
    Car:
    06 FD2
    I don't know much about wheels and so this is a silly question my sport has the 16 inch wheels and from what I have read has the same offset as the 17 inch ones from the fd2/ep3.

Just wanted to confirm that it is just a straight swap and nothing else is needed if upgrading to these.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic FD1 2010
    Not sure what the offset is on your 16" wheels but the 17" ep3/fd2 wheels should be a direct swap with no problems.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic Sedan
    Quote Originally Posted by ricksta View Post
    I don't know much about wheels and so this is a silly question my sport has the 16 inch wheels and from what I have read has the same offset as the 17 inch ones from the fd2/ep3.

Just wanted to confirm that it is just a straight swap and nothing else is needed if upgrading to these.
    negatively repped.

this thread is 3 years old mate!

stance > fenders

Member Array
    Car:
    06 FD2
    Quote Originally Posted by DuffyFD View Post
    negatively repped.

this thread is 3 years old mate!
    I know this thread is old but when searching couldn't find the answer and this was on the topic so can't see the problem!

Quote Originally Posted by ricksta View Post

I thought the 2006 wheels were still 17" but a 6.5" width with a +45 offset? Either way mate its a direct swap and the factory default is 17" x 7" +45 on the sport after 08?.