Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Account Disabled Array

Thumbs up NSWSS Round 5: BYP Civic Rewrites the Record book with a 1:06.3*

I just want to share a great achievement the BYP team has achieved today with the BYP Honda Civic. We have fianlly cracked into the 1:06's and it wasn't just 1:06.9, it was well into the 1:06's with a new pb and record of 1:06.3 at Wakefield Park

To put in perspective, Jacky Yicks Pro Concept offically recorded time was a 1:07.0 at Wakefield Park. Our new pb has definately set a new benchmark for all FWD Honda's

So a quick re-cap of today's event. The car was towed down in case if anything happens just for insurance. We arrived to a wet looking track which eventually dried up by mid-day. The car was quick out the box after backing up from Friday test day, which saw the car pull easy low 1:07 and a number of high 1:06's.

Towards the last dry session, i was able to string together 2 decent lap of 1:06.3 and 1:06.4. I dont think i could of done it any better with the condition of the track and the cold temperature towards the afternoon. Rain ruin the day towards the end, soaking the track which was enough for us to call it a day.

A lady apparently clocked our car as the 3rd quickest car down the straight at a speed of 191kph with a speed radar. I was alittle bewildered with the speeds, which I highly questioned the claims.

Since the last Round, the car is equipped with new rim and tyre combo, return to ITR gearbox with Cusco LSD, and new rear suspension products from our new sponsors!

Car has alot of room for improvement, as i will working closely with our new sponsors to work out new ideas and products for the car development

Thanks to those who came down to support us today.

Some of the pics from today's event

Member Array
    Car:
    green whip!
    nice work you nutter
    will be down soon with the hydraulic press whenever you guys get those new sussy parts

Was so nice seeing this beast fly around Wakefield today leaving GTR's behind lol

Remember to buy a new fire extinguisher for next round!

Account Disabled Array
    Quote Originally Posted by 05dc5S View Post
    Was so nice seeing this beast fly around Wakefield today leaving GTR's behind lol

Remember to buy a new fire extinguisher for next round!
    Thanks man...

Stupid Supercheap Fire Extinguisher!...

Quote Originally Posted by vinnY View Post
    nice work you nutter
    will be down soon with the hydraulic press whenever you guys get those new sussy parts
    Yeap for sure We know were to find you

great work guys, amazing time. Car definately looks the goods on the 6uls. Top stuff

Member Array
    Car:
    EG brusier, STi type R
    Great job

Member Array
    Car:
    ek
    thats some awesome work boys !

congrats
    12.949 @ 107.71mph
    2.063 60ft on Advan AD08
    EKK20A 142.9kw on 98ron

its not called stance if you're on spacers..

Member Array
    Car:
    k24 crx 12.103@111.50mph
    good job guys looks good what wheels u runnning.?
    12.103@111mph
    POWERED BY DR HONDA
    *DRH24R*

Member Array
    Car:
    EK9
    Nice work. That really is quick by any standards.
    Best not to compare with an IPRA spec car though, as not only are they considerably heavier,(1040kg min+driver) but many of the suspension/aero freedoms you have are not avaliable to IPRA competitors.
    Still.... a GREAT EFFORT!
    "Understeer you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you."

Account Disabled Array
    Quote Originally Posted by 82911 View Post
    Nice work. That really is quick by any standards.
    Best not to compare with an IPRA spec car though, as not only are they considerably heavier,(1040kg min+driver) but many of the suspension/aero freedoms you have are not avaliable to IPRA competitors.
    Still.... a GREAT EFFORT!
    Hass, there 949 racing rims

I dont think our car is far off from the IPRA spec cars. With weight, i believe its close to 1040kg with me in it. (car always run full tank of fuel). With other rules and regulation the car can easily be modify to fit for IPRA racing. Car is using the control tyres from IPRA Yokohama's A048's. So thats something in common. The car can easily use a softer compound for the sprint round which will give better grip for the sprint format and speeds. At the end of the day we are not interested in door to door racing

The car is purely built for supersprints in our class of 3B, but we are now looking to compete for outright racing against those quick kit cars, EVO's and the new R35 GTR.

I dont think people know what it requires to get the car this quick and how hard it will be to go quciker

It would good to see a honda civic within the top 3 of outright positions.

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    I dont think people know what it requires to get the car this quick and how hard it will be to go quciker
    Top effort!
    MFactory Competition Products

Member Array
    Car:
    EK9
    At the end of the day we are not interested in door to door racing

The car is purely built for supersprints in our class of 3B
    And I merely posted as you made the comparison.
    also....

I dont think our car is far off from the IPRA spec cars. With weight, i believe its close to 1040kg with me in it. (car always run full tank of fuel). With other rules and regulation the car can easily be modify to fit for IPRA racing. Car is using the control tyres from IPRA Yokohama's A048's. So thats something in common.
    Yes and no....
    There are a lot of things on your car that would need changing for IPRA.
    I'm not here to hate on your efforts, YOU HAVE ACHIEVED A VERY FAST TIME.
    Just pointing out there is a BIG difference between your car and an IPRA spec car.

Once again congratulations... congratulations...
    "Understeer you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you."