Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

What is behind the plastic panel behind driver's seat? and other questions.

Hi Everyone,
    I decided to upgrade my stock stereo as the CD player is playing up but it turns out that the problem is the head unit. Oh well, had to take out the seats , center console, head unit. boot lining and the panels behind the seats .
    My 2000 model S2000 has the 6 stack Honda CD stacker in the boot protected by a steel cage. Behind the passenger seat is where the excess stacker cable was bundled but behind the driver's seat was a large flat, rectangular box with a battery back up taped to it. The box is about twice the length of a car alarm. Does anyone out there know what it is? I thought it may have been an alarm but could not feel any relay clicking when the alarm is armed/disarmed.

The car has an aftermarket alarm but I still have not located the control box which is not obvious under the dash.Anyone with ideas on where it may be?

Also, when i attempted to remove the glovebox area and teh secret compartment, I had the center console trim off (the part that has the gear boot) and then I removed the two fornt srcews and the screw from inside the glove box as well as the 4 screws at the top and then there was the sound of clips flying off but I did not manage to remove the whole assembly so I placed a USB/Ipod connection inside the secret compartment and then replaced the glovebox area but can someone tell me how to get the whole thing off? Maybe I missed something?

Thanks in advance if someone can help.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    S2000
    lol @ the sound of clips flying off.. I took my plastic thing off where the roof folds down to get rid of the ugly vibration noise and broke almost every single one of those clips/plastic screws.. but i dont even know where your talking about exactly.. behind the drivers side inside the ****pit or boot? cause i know inside the ****pit behind my sit there isnt anything of the sort there.. :s

Hi F20 C.
    I felt really bad when I broke two clips so I stopped.
    Right behind the drivers seat there are two hook like things which hide screws.You take those screws out and the clip things come off.The the simulated air vent panels comne off.Inside there I found the massive (about 25cm x 10cm x 2cm) box with wires sticking out (about 16 wires) and it seems like on the other end there is a thick coaxial cable attached like a lareg antenna cable and as mentioned before, there is a back up battery attached (just taped onto it with wires going back to the unit).

Just need other responses to tell us how to take off the secret compartment.,,without breaking the whole lot.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    S2000
    ahh i see. have you checked s2ki.com? or even youtube? i know there was a video showing how to get the secret compartment off.

You might want check this thread out, its for a roof installation but it has pics you might get some info from here...

http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php...&#entry9364730

If this is where you need to get to then check out the link...

Thanks guys. I can post a photo of this weird thing behind the driver's seat but how do I attach the photo (may be a simple answer but I have not found the attach button.).

Quote Originally Posted by twofake View Post
    Thanks guys. I can post a photo of this weird thing behind the driver's seat but how do I attach the photo (may be a simple answer but I have not found the attach button.).

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    S2000 AP1
    lol at clips breaking.
    not to sure if u guys know this (or im just making a fool of myself)
    but dont u just push the centre button in and then they fall out.
    i broke the first clip trying to nudge a flathead under them, till i figured out how they worked haha.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    S2000
    you know what i didnt figure that out till i broke half of them haha.. so i gotta find a place that sells those same clips..

Quote Originally Posted by STAiN MASTER View Post
    Thanks. Now that I know how to put photos in, I just have to get them in URL somewhere.Once I figure this out, the phto is going up. Just need to practice actually taking the photos now!!
    I described it to people at work and they all concluded that it is a bomb.

Quote Originally Posted by twofake View Post
    Thanks. Now that I know how to put photos in, I just have to get them in URL somewhere.Once I figure this out, the phto is going up. Just need to practice actually taking the photos now!!
    I described it to people at work and they all concluded that it is a bomb.
    http://imageshack.us/

Quote Originally Posted by STAiN MASTER View Post
    Thanks again.Now here is the photo .