Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    hey all,
    Just wondering how the stock civic 93 gli's go... can u make a significant difference with minor mods only, such as exhaust, airflow ect... or is the vtec the only way to go... wat type of cars can non vtec civics beat... lancers, integra gsi, mirages.... and wats the difference in 92 Si to 93 Vti... Anyone :shock:

Disabled Array
    Car:
    Type-MO
    lol you asking really hard questions here? they are all rated about the same power rating but it all comes down to driver skill of course

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Corolla G
    well im still new to honda terms and definitions, but ive been reading the forums lately alot....

I believe a VTi is ur best option over the GLi..... Ive tried both and i hafta say the Vti is undoublty more fun to drive in terms of power.....

As for Si and VTi

the Si is a 1.6 Lt DOHC non vtec engine
    as where the VTi is a 1.6 Lt VTEC SOHC engine......

the VTi is slightly powerful than the Si i believe...

Correct me on this if im wrong anyone...... :wink:

ah thats true, with the vtec and si, lol... yeh its the Si that doesnt have too much over the standard Gli... lol the vtec will kick ass obviously... was just wondering how the Gli's ran against the lancers and mirages... i think the Glxi lancers 1.8 would win but the Gli lancer 1.5/6litre would be a good run for the civics money... anyone in a civic raced a lancer/mirage?

also does ne1 own a civic ek vtir hatch... how do they go???

Member Array
    Car:
    EK VTi-R
    yeh man!! omg i replied to like all u 3 posts just then hahahah

i got one....
    !
    i love it
    can beat gsi tegs, lil bit behind vtir tegs, and i've never gone against a prelude of any model so i have no idea~

1.6L dohc vtec!

lol luzinit, just checking that ur awake dude, lol... getting all excited now that i can feel a vtec close by... it just might happen...

and yeh i just replied to another one of ur posts somewhere else hahaha... go the mugen hit on the civic hey

ill just stay in this forum if u get back, too confusing otherwise lol... do civic vtir beat comodores hey... i know that vtir kicks ass over protons and stuff like that...

and just to clarify civic vtir = hatch, vti = coupe/sedan

Member Array
    Car:
    EK VTi-R
    haha sorry man i was watching australian idol..

anyways, this is the basic model listing
    for EG civic i think 91-95 models, they came in GL/GLI and SI/VTI..

but the model i have
    EK, VTIR from 96-98 were hatches
    99-00 were coupes.

hatches also came in cxi/gli, but i'd rather GSI teg over a non vtec civic

in the sedan they came in GLI/VTI

hope that helps
    yeh man, can beat V6 commos for sure!

Member Array
    Car:
    EK VTi-R
    and yeh, in the world of 1.6, theres not many cars out there that can beat a civic vtir

yeh i think it SHOULD beat mazda sp20's, proton satria's, n/a lancers, yada yada!

hehe

yeh it will kick there ass for sure, lol... proton satria gti's do like 9.9sec to 100 and mazda does like 10.5 or something like that... it will kick ass over just about nething in this smaller car ranger that isnt turboed or isnt a type r civic... now give me one of them ne day.

also have u seen them with a type R mugen body kit... it looks hot as anything... i always wanted a civic with a mugen kit, expensive though i think....

Member Array
    Car:
    EK VTi-R
    haha yeh.. i have, but i rather no kit, as there are so many other civics out there with that same mugen kit these days...

im just gonna get a factory front lip, drop it on some 16" gold rims! hahah nice nice