Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer View Post
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has a decent setup with an Iphone 3G/3GS in their Accord Euros.

I just bought and installed the PA15-hon2 from enfig car stereo because it could charge the iphone 3g, but i'm getting a high-pitched whine when i connect the phone. The problem does not occur with my ipod. Also noticed that the whine alleviates (does not really disappear completely) when the iphone screen is turned off. Seems like this issue has been reported on another forum too - apparently they reckon it's a bad batch of cables (like... over 70% of them, way to QC your products!)

Having said the above, I'm curious about everyone else's setups and whether they've had problems with it. I'm considering returning this unit to the US if USAspec don't get back to me with a decent solution. I'm thinking of going to a locally sold product such as the xcarlink, but xcarlink.com.au don't seem to have anything in their catalog for honda when i just checked today. I've seen a few other brands but don't want to walk into same or similiar problems.

Comments/suggestions?
are you after music, or calling, or both? i'm guessing both.

i've contacted xcarlink australia and xcarlink uk about their products and applicability with the iphone 3gs. here's the story:

1) the xcarlink ipod attachments for honda will (according to xcarlink australia) charge the iphone 3g/3gs. if it doesn't however, there's heaps of adapters that can enable charging anyway (for about $25)

2) the xcarlink bluetooth module is also supposed to work with the iphone. however to take/receive calls the headunit needs to be set to 'AUX'. if you're in FM/AM radio etc you might be in trouble and might need to switch modes quickly to fix it up.

sydney installers will ship xcarlink ipod for hondas for a little under $160, but this is without the bluetooth module. they reckon it'll take about a month to get the bluetooth thing in. you can get the entire pack from the uk for about 111 pounds shipped, but its always best to support australian business, right!

i'm really keen on iphone integration too - any other cost effective options?