Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Lerlo View Post
    Woah, if its out, why dont you just take it apart and clean it. Better now than in the car. Change the seals in the process as well. I think the worse thing to happen is the oil pickup get clogged with the sludge...
    If time wasn't an issue then that's what I'd do as well. While it was apart I'd be thinking about having the bores honed and new rings fitted, or at the very least thoroughly clean the rings and the ring grooves. Actually, it would be madness not to check and measure everything while it was apart...

That reminds me, can sludge build up if the engine hasnt been used for awhile.
    The sludge is 'made' in use through heat and chemical reactions with combustion products etc, so if the engine isn't being used...

Quote Originally Posted by beeza View Post
    Give em' a ring,I'm sure it will be next day delivery.

We still need a DIY on how to replace the bolt.
    It comes right off....at the bottom where it meets the brace looking thingie is a 12mm nut, unscrew it and it comes right off, theres another 5cm of thread below that we cant see. Whole thing screws into the head.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukezen27 View Post
    Here's my B16A SiR 2 open

90,000km on her
    Thats clean..i wonder why mines so dirty, could it be magnatec oil, since its like magnetic and sticks onto metal....but then again the head is aluminum.....

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    the grime is created from overused oil.

simply remove the broken stud with a spanner and replace it with a new one.

ideally u want to torque it down to the correct spec

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Ah,so easy!

BOught the bolts, coming on monday, 9 bucks for one at honda dealer.
    CHeers

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Wow,something under $10 at Honda!!

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Thats clean..i wonder why mines so dirty, could it be magnatec oil, since its like magnetic and sticks onto metal....but then again the head is aluminum.....
    Magnatec is a mineral oil, so it breaks down reasonably quickly. On my car which was driven gently without thrashing, I could feel it get rough consistently at the 7000km mark. Switched to 3 other brands of PAO synthetics and 1 hydrocracked synthetic, never felt that roughness again at 7000km or even up to the 10000km/6 months interval that I follow.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2