Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    94 EG, 11 Maloo
    ill have a geez any idea what colour the wire is?
    Power Of Dreams...
    VTECN

Member Array
    Car:
    doorstop
    red/black for power to general lights,dimmer signal to HU,etc(first click of light switch)

actual dimmer wire to other dash lights that dim when u turn knob is plain red wire

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    Quote Originally Posted by CRXer View Post
    so uve blown the brake light fuse as well???

chucking fuses at the problem,especially bigger ones then original, aint the best plan of attack....

$10 worth of multimeter is much better

go put your foot on the brake pedal & see if both brake lights come on
    Oh......I was gonna say. just put a 12 gauge wire across it and use it as a foot warmer! But the multimeter would be a better idea!

Quote Originally Posted by CRXer View Post
    red/black for power to general lights,dimmer signal to HU,etc(first click of light switch)

actual dimmer wire to other dash lights that dim when u turn knob is plain red wire

If it gets too hard, disconnect the HU and see if it still blows to eliminate it. It may still work but could be the cause to the blow!

Member Array
    Car:
    doorstop
    Quote Originally Posted by Nepolian View Post
    Oh......I was gonna say. just put a 12 gauge wire across it and use it as a foot warmer!
    typical EP3R owner looking for more luxuries in his car.....pffft....
    bet it already has nutsack warmers.........

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Civic
    damn, nutsack warmers, i want some but seriously like many have said sounds like a dimmer wire shorting behind the head unit, has ur car had any accidents maybe with a shorting wire??? let us know wat u have found so far?

Cheers
    = First Production Company To Produce 100HP Per Litre NA

Member Array
    Car:
    94 EG, 11 Maloo
    nahh as far as i can remember ive never had any dramas with anything on my car... i did how ever just swap my head unit over as i had one JVC deck already in there and i swapped it with another JVC deck that i had in my daily... so no wiring was changed tho. but it could have came loose with all the fcuking around
    Power Of Dreams...
    VTECN

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Civic
    yer definatly check that out, make sur no wiring loose or un insulated, also check that the cars dimmer wire is not incorrectly hooked up to something else, if all in insulated unplug the headulit and change the fuse, what happens?

Member Array
    Car:
    94 EG, 11 Maloo
    ok... looks like the red/black wire isnt connected to anything at all... its just sitting there, so i guess thats what shorting out, BUT is it supposed to be connected to anyhting?
    Power Of Dreams...
    VTECN

Member Array
    Car:
    94 EG, 11 Maloo
    well LOL the lights are fixed thank you very much
    BUT now the speakers arent working haha but ill look at that another day... the person that first wired a cd player in left the wires so short u have to kinda pull at the wires to get to it... but ill figure that out later...
    thanks again guys... much appreciated
    Power Of Dreams...
    VTECN

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Civic
    nice one! You need to SOLDER and INSULATE all the connections that are behind the headunit and any other join for that matter.

Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by bungsai View Post
    dimmer wire.

Had the same problem, kept the fuse for dash and tail lights, they are the same fuse.

CHECK YOUR DIMMER WIRE. it was probably left un taped or poorly insulated when your HU was installed.
    This will probably be the problem, too often after quick head unit installations people lose parkers, and cluster illumination.

Make your your wires are properly insulated, and are not crushed behind the head unit when you place it back in.