S2000 06 / 08 Throttle Lag?

Hi there.

Performed a search, however a lot of stuff came up that wasn't relevant to the direct question.

I understand the 06 - 08 S2000's are drive by wire, however how responsive is the throttle? If it's anything like the Suzuki Swift Sport, which is about as responsive as Paris Hilton after a massive night, I'll be turned off greatly.

Thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000 AP1
    It's actually pretty good. however still not like cable throttle though. There's a slight delay between quick gearchanges.

Member Array
    Car:
    Choo Choo shoe.
    Run a ground wire directly from the -ve of the battery to some where on the throttle body (preferably not on a sensor bolt).

Itll bring up the response a touch. =]

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by bADbOYz View Post
    Hi there.

Performed a search, however a lot of stuff came up that wasn't relevant to the direct question.

I understand the 06 - 08 S2000's are drive by wire, however how responsive is the throttle? If it's anything like the Suzuki Swift Sport, which is about as responsive as Paris Hilton after a massive night, I'll be turned off greatly.

Thanks
    If you intend to buy one theres a real simple solution, take one for a test drive. Everyone's gonna have a different opinion best to find out first hand.

Member Array
    Car:
    Kermit K20A
    i highly agree with WhiteAP1. after driving many cars with fly-by wire (from all subaru modles -> euro cars) the 'lag' in each car is different. some cars you can feel it, some you cant. Then it is different again for each individual in each of the different cars. At the end of the day if you dont like the feel of the fly-by wire, by a s2k with cable =D
    Kermit EGK20A
    Winton: 1:35.08
    Wakefield: 1:08.8

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000, RIP Prelude Vtir
    You can improve it by purchashing a Buddy club item which is like $750, in saying that drive by wire is in most new cars so its not something the manufacturers are going to change any time soon for emission reasons. Every thing is going electronic...

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Is it a wire that goes from the -ve terminal of the battery to the throttle body with 'Buddy Club' printed on it?

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000, RIP Prelude Vtir
    Its called the E-throttle booster, check this link

http://www.buddyclub.us/buddyclub/e_...e_Booster.html