Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries

SCAMs and getting ripped off

I've had a few PMs about users paying for items and not getting delivery so thought I would make this thread.

Please, please read through the guides that we have provided here and here. The are announcements in the Marketplace forums.

Atleast resort to paying COD (Cash on Delivery) if you cannot meet the seller in person.

If things go wrong make sure you have enough information to make an official (police) report and also submit some trade feedback so that others are aware. Also send me an email (email address and details in the links above) so that I can track the number of complaints against a particular user.

I'm very weary about sending money to a person I've never met before and for this reason preffer face to face meetings or the use of cash on delivery.

You really need to have the attitude of 'trust nobody'.
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq

Banned Array
    Car:
    Suabaru > Honda
    hi wynode.

im still waiting for a reply on a pm a sent u.

thanks.

Moderator - here to help Array
    heres some tips:

if you are buying from someone interstate and you cannot look at the item in person, please ask the seller to take a photo of the item and have them write your username on a sheet of paper so you know that the photo is the latest and most recent.

if you are meeting in person to view the item you wish to buy, let the seller know that you are inspecting it before purchasing. miscommunication is what gets alot of people annoyed so to save yourself the bad reputation, advise the seller your intentions.

if you are a seller and have sent photos of your item to a buyer prior to negotiating a price and meeting in person, expect the buyer to possibly re-negotiate on the price if it is not exactly what he thought it was going to be if you have not honestly described the item to the best of your knowledge. again, miscommunication leads to people arguing over the internet and your reputation being tarnished.

wynode - is it up to the seller to offer a refund if they are NOT a business/trader?

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    Yes Andy....its up to the seller, however it is something you should discuss before handing over the cash. Ie ask (and get it in writing) if you can return the item if it is not what you expected. Note however that not all sellers will offer this for whatever reason. Get everything in writing with full name / contact details and that way you can go to the authorities if something falls through.
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq