Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    accord vti

'01 Accord SRS light - belt / tensioner troubleshooting?

Hi guys
    I have a 2001 Honda Accord VTI.
    I have had the old "SRS light still on dash" issue for a couple of months, and I have finally gotten around to having a play.
    I have managed to reset the SRS unit a few times using the instructions on the net, but it comes back on. I have taken the car to Honda, and they told me it was flashing a "passenger side belt" error.
    We replaced the passenger belt buckle (the part attached to the passenger seat) but still the light will not go away. So it went back to them, now they told me the code is 03-1 = Open or increased resistance in left seat belt tensioner.
    When I last pulled the seat out replace the belt buckle, i took a look behind the trim at the tensioner, and there was no electronics connected to the tensioner at all. So does anyone know what this code would be pointing to?
    Honda wanted me to leave the car there for hours for them to troubleshoot, and I am not keen on having to pay $$$ for hours of work that i could possibly do at home.
    Does anyone know what else i could look for?

cheers,
    Brett

Replace the dummy resistors that are located in the SRS harness that is attachec to the steering column.

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    accord vti
    Dr H - thanks for the reply.
    I assume that in the aussie delivered Accord this is to "mimic" the electronic pretensioners that the US delievered models have?
    Do you know where i can get details for this?
    Or should i contact honda and let them know?
    cheers,
    Brett

Quote Originally Posted by bludbunny View Post
    Dr H - thanks for the reply.
    I assume that in the aussie delivered Accord this is to "mimic" the electronic pretensioners that the US delievered models have?
    Do you know where i can get details for this?
    Or should i contact honda and let them know?
    cheers,
    Brett
    Your honda dealer should know what there doing hopefully. US delivered accords have pretensioners and AU dont.

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    accord vti

Talking Problem solved!!!

DR

All good mate - went to DSE and bought a couple of 5w 2.2ohm resistors, fitted them (in the carpark at work) and reset the MES and she's all clear. Not bad for a 70c fix. (except a passer by thought i was hot wiring the car!)

Thanks very much for your help.
    Brett