Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R
    get a integra is more fuel efficient and more space than a prelude BB6

ive got a honda civic for sale with b16 conversion in it Dohc vtec!
    let me know if your interested

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4K24
    go the lude for the misses, more home felt interiors you can sit in them all day...
    although the price is very steep on the VTi-R ludes... people are askin 20K lol
    what a joke. since the new p plate laws kicked in thats what happend...

if you cant find a lude at a reasonable price go the integra for sure, more aftermarket support lalala so on...
    Vince

Quote Originally Posted by 4age8u View Post
    eg5 vti on coilovers and nice rota wheels and your done
    stupid answer.

all responses are good, except for the one i quoted.

Member Array
    Car:
    95 Accord VTi
    Get the prelude for the missus. I bet she won't be modifying it, a stock prelude looks better than a stock integra, imo.

Honda Australia has very helpfully left all their old brochures online. Download them and study them like when buying a new car, then decide from there.

Prelude 92-96
    http://www.honda.com.au/wps/wcm/conn...e/1992+-+1996/

Prelude 97-01
    http://www.honda.com.au/wps/wcm/conn...e/1997+-+2001/

Integra 94-01
    http://www.honda.com.au/wps/wcm/conn...a/1994+-+2001/

The Prelude and Integra don't really fit the same market. From 97 to 01, the Prelude was marketed as Honda's GT car while the Integra was more overtly sporty.

The biggest problem now is finding good ones in good shape. As prices for them start coming into the reasonable bracket, many have been owned by young drivers modding them crazy with occasionally dodgy bits, and also driven hard through their life. They are very hardy cars, but many have been seriously flogged. Get them thoroughly checked out before committing.

If you're after a no-fuss car for the missus, best find one in stock or near-stock condition for peace of mind.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    the prelude is a nicer ride but have very limited space for passengers, it is mainly a 2 person car. however having an integra myself the seating is not much better but u can fit people more easily in the teg than the lude. but Preludes are a very nice cruiser they more luxuries than the teg.

I think you should get the Prelude!

Quote Originally Posted by llmoose View Post
    Ok so the Mrs needs a new car. She basically wants something that looks good/sporty and has a little bit of go. She is upgrading from a 1.3L 94' Auto Barina so anything will be a stepup as far as performance goes.

She likes the look of the preludes and integras. Has around $7.5k to spend give or take a little. I'm definately no rookie when it comes to cars but I have never dealt with much Honda stuff. Can anyone give me a comparo on the integras and preludes? They both seem to suit the same sort of market so im confused as why honda sold them simultaneously. Am I right in saying the larger engine of the prelude makes it more powerful whilst the integra is more nimble?

Any other recommendations for cars from any make or model she should look at?

Personally i prefere the honda prelude, reason why i say this is the handling is great and the car exterior and interior looks much better than an integra 1994-98 model. With honda prelude's though there are 3 types, one is the S model which offers a standard 4 cyclliner car producing about 120kw, an Si which is the 2nd best which comprises with a 2.3 litle 4 cylliner engine, and the power plant vtir which is a DOHC 2.2 litre vtec engine producing 144kw or 165kw if it has a jdm engine. In America the honda prelude was also voted one of the best cars to buy and drive under 30k, and also on the RACV april edition had an article about the car describing the vehicle as a reliable and fun vehicle to own/ drive.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by llmoose View Post
    Ok so the Mrs needs a new car. She basically wants something that looks good/sporty and has a little bit of go. She is upgrading from a 1.3L 94' Auto Barina so anything will be a stepup as far as performance goes.

She likes the look of the preludes and integras. Has around $7.5k to spend give or take a little. I'm definately no rookie when it comes to cars but I have never dealt with much Honda stuff. Can anyone give me a comparo on the integras and preludes? They both seem to suit the same sort of market so im confused as why honda sold them simultaneously. Am I right in saying the larger engine of the prelude makes it more powerful whilst the integra is more nimble?

Any other recommendations for cars from any make or model she should look at?
    ayee mate ive got ma black 1998 integra 4 sale if ur interested?

anyone interested in a black 1998 integra manual with mods

Member Array
    Car:
    bb6 Type S
    ^stop hi jacking the thread

I've owned both a 97 Prelude vti-r and an 96 Integra vti-r, the teg may be a more focused sports car with higher track potential, but for the road you want a Prelude, especially for the wife

More comfortable ride, way better interior, classier look and just as much poke as the Integra. Plus your less likely to get some munter in a pulsar trying to drag you at the lights