Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Diff Rebuild - S2000

OK! This is my second diff now.

Yesterday I heard a knocking sound coming from the rear whilst driving up my driveway. I took the car to Hanny's today and my worst fear was confirmed. My diff is about to die.

Now... I have spare diff, I want to rebuild it. I was told that the gears may be OK still. All will be revealed tomorrow when I drop off the spare diff. If the gears need to be changed this will cost $1500.

I would like to rebuild this diff and perhaps improve it's strength. Are there any areas that I could beef up, improve?

Any suggestions are welcome.

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM s15
    if the gears are ok what exactly has gone in your diff?
    -S15R-

Peter from Hanny's has to open up the housing to inspect my spare diff to really find out what is wrong. It started to humm so I changed it asap as this is my daily car, I couldn't afford to have it off the road.

Not too sure what else could go wrong with the diff apart from the gearing?!?

Member Array
    Car:
    VTIR
    What are the signs to look out for when the diff is about to go? knocking?
    How can this be prevented?

S2Krazy Array
    Quote Originally Posted by BaSsMaXiMuS View Post
    I would like to rebuild this diff and perhaps improve it's strength. Are there any areas that I could beef up, improve?

Any suggestions are welcome.

Stage 1 PuddyMod diff is the answer you seek.

Hit up s2ki.com vendor PuddyMod. Not cheap, but will certainly solve your problems.
    --------------------------------------
    PM's Turned Off

Prelude - Sold.
    S2000 - Sold.
    NSX - Sold.
    F355 - Coming...

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000 AP1
    I reckon your driving your S like a silvia. I did the same years ago when i thought S2000's would make a great drift car. Change your driving style or seriously look into changing to a Nissan R200 diff. Diff technics do a kit. Might be a cheap option in the long run.

Member Array
    Car:
    00 S2000 09 Audi S3
    I was thinking when will you blow your diff, when you dropped it out of the car park lol. Oh well.

Member Array
    Car:
    k24 crx 12.103@111.50mph
    ohh so drifting aint good on s2k diffs :| lol
    12.103@111mph