Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    AP1 S2000

S2000 greddy turbo kit issues?

Hi i am new to ozhonda but have had my S2K since late 2006.
    I recently bought a greddy turbo kit from the US.
    I got it installed and the turbo part works prefectly fine but i am getting no power in the VTEC band. Basically i am driving around with turbo boost till about 5500 -6000rpm and then when the vtec should come strong i am getting no power. I dynoed my car before turbo kit and i got 144.6kw on the rear wheels. After turbo kit installed i got 154.3. The dyno guy said it was pinging in the range where the vtec should come strong.

I was wondering if the possible issues is the stock ecu as different to the US ecu?

or the e-manage ultimate which maybe tuned to the US ecu?

I was hoping for some helpful info before i actually go get the e-manage tuned.

Member Array
    Car:
    k24 crx 12.103@111.50mph
    im not sure at all but maybe injectors?

if not go to s2ki.com
    and post there you will get an answer st8 away
    12.103@111mph
    POWERED BY DR HONDA
    *DRH24R*

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Trolololley
    yeah man, um this is an introduction part of the forum.. maybe post your questions somewhere more appropriate?

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    integra
    i think i know who installed it for you, someone in parra aye? and his indian?

The log manifold and small turbo+downpipe is really restrictive and causes the vtec drop in power, raise vtec to around 7400rpms and you should be good to go. Also get yourself a free flowing exhaust 3"

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    integra
    lol nah man, don't service my car there, my mate who works there was telling me how he done the install on the the s2k
    Quote Originally Posted by WAN33Y View Post
    yeah do you know the guy? Do you service your car there?

From memory, after I installed a 3" single exhaust and was tuned I made about 80hp from stock

Then i switched to AEM EMS and also upped boost to 12psi and made about 104hp from stock

Then I got bigger injectors, ran E85 fuel and upped boost to 14psi and made 132hp from stock

Then I switch out the greddy turbo for a GT3076R-WG and made 172hp from stock

Ive had a new bell mouth downpipe and will get dynoed today to see if there are any gains.

If you are just running the base kit with stock exhaust you should make about 50-60hp

Member Array
    Car:
    94 EG, 11 Maloo
    i was following you down horsley drive and cumberland hwy yesterday lol i tried to catch u but i kept getting every fcuking red light lol
    u got stock exhaust?
    Power Of Dreams...
    VTECN

Array
    Car:
    08 Red CU2 Euro
    You came to us with your problem....
    A problem you created & were party too... Not the other way around...
    When you have someone else strap together a complete pile of shit that only pushes 125kw at the wheels. (Not 150+ you're dreaming)
    You have a real hide blaming someone else for your issues.
    We explained your problem to you...
    That is your cat/exhaust is ****ed & your emanage is locked.
    We offered you a fix, but you didn't want that...
    You prefered to leave it the way it is...
    we charged you $50 for wasting an hour & a half of our time.
    -1 rep point for you.
    Last edited by e240; 20-07-2009 at 11:21 PM. Reason: Relevance.
    TODA Performance Australia Pty Ltd
    TODA Racing - FIGHTEX - MFactory - HALTECH - EXEDY
    Race engines, Dyno tuning, Licenced workshop, Parts.
    P:0401869524 email: toda@todaracing.com.au

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by WAN33Y View Post
    Hi i am new to ozhonda but have had my S2K since late 2006.
    I recently bought a greddy turbo kit from the US.
    I got it installed and the turbo part works prefectly fine but i am getting no power in the VTEC band. Basically i am driving around with turbo boost till about 5500 -6000rpm and then when the vtec should come strong i am getting no power. I dynoed my car before turbo kit and i got 144.6kw on the rear wheels. After turbo kit installed i got 154.3. The dyno guy said it was pinging in the range where the vtec should come strong.

I was wondering if the possible issues is the stock ecu as different to the US ecu?

or the e-manage ultimate which maybe tuned to the US ecu?

I was hoping for some helpful info before i actually go get the e-manage tuned.
    Let me get this right, you installed the turbo kit, and got an e-manage ultimate installed but not tuned locally for your car? So the map in the e-manage is not for your car and setup?

Another question, have you replaced your MAP sensor to a 3 bar unit or similar when you installed the turbo kit?

Both are not good, especially if you are running anything more than 1 bar total intake manifold pressure.
    Last edited by aaronng; 19-07-2009 at 09:53 PM.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Moved this to the forced induction section.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM EG Built B16a2 Turbo
    Sounds like Map sensor issue...ive had to detune my eg to 10psi atm because anything over that once it hits vtec is just craps itself. I didnt know what the issue was either until i got some help from some guys on here and realised i never replaced my Stock map sensor and it only reads around 9.5-10.5. Not to sure if its the same in the S2000 but sounds like the same issue.
    Fastfwd Photoshoot cover pic Click here!