Newcomer Array
    Car:
    VTi-R

Nipple bleeder on 1996 Civic VTi-R engine PLUS copper or fibre washer for sump plug

Hey guys, im about to drain the coolant on my Civic EK4 B16A2, just wondering if there is a nipple bleeder anywhere. I tried looking for it around the engine but could not find it.

Also is it better to use the genuine Honda coolant? I have a Concentrated Nulon coolant, is it safe and good to use? Otherwise, I wont do it until i get the genuine Honda coolant.

Has anyone used fibre or copper washer for their sump plug? which one is better to use?

I will greatly appreciate any information you guys can provide! Thanks in advance!

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra Type R
    Nulon coolant is fine. Most like to stick with genuine coolant for peace of mind.

Just dependents on your budget. If you have money then get Honda coolant otherwise nulon is fine.

I have used fibre and cooper and honestly i didnt see much of a difference in any lol

Though i would not over tighten the sump plug bolt with the fibre washer as it may crack. torque to specs. Specs should be in your owner manual.
    Last edited by Sir_vtec; 09-07-2009 at 04:47 PM.
    mugen無限power

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    EK4 does not have a coolant bleed nipple

Member Array
    Car:
    Choo Choo shoe.
    Genuine coolant. Mixing coolant isnt a very good idea. Unless it already had nulon in it before.

Genuine honda sump plug washer. Aluminium. Copper can do. But itll need to be changed everytime. Copper is very soft.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Make sure the coolant is a non-borosilicate type. Personally I prefer to buy Honda coolant.

Get an aluminium sump washer. You can buy them from any auto parts store. Not a fan of fibre (breaks down if it gets very wet like in floods) or copper (can cause the aluminium pan to corrode quicker due to redox reaction).
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    VTi-R
    Thanks guys!!!!!! i just changed the oil and filter this time until i get my hands on the genuine Honda coolant then ill do a flush.

I used Fuchs 5W-40 fully synthethic, not a pro or anything but my engine seems to be running better and smoother compared to when i had the 10W-30 Honda FEO on it. I will also get them genuine aluminium washer for next time, what i used earlier is the fibre washer (i hope that it wont crack).

Member Array
    Car:
    DB9
    lol man

the honda washers are like 75cents...
    Team Yum Cha Daily
    Melb Crew reppin

.....an era has ended.....RIP YF dc2^3

"I do apologise for what must seem like an arbitrary imposition"