Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Public Transport / Foot

CL9 06 Euro TB +IM MOD+ P2R gasket Done. Video pg 4.

Whats the max size i can bore out from the stock TB off the 06 euro ? , will porting out the In Manifold make a hug difference aswell ?
    thanks guys
    Last edited by felixd; 11-07-2009 at 08:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by felixd View Post
    Whats the max size i can bore out from the stock TB off the 06 euro ? , will porting out the In Manifold make a hug difference aswell ?
    thanks guys
    If your throttle body is 60mm, the most you can safely bore it to is between 63-64mm.

If you are running a bored/larger diametre throttle body it is really important that the inlet of the manifold is matched to the throttle body diametre. Since a perfect port match is almost impossible to achieve, it is better for the opening of the intake manifold to be slightly larger than throttle body itself. This will ensure there is no ledge or lip to disrupt the airflow.

Member Array
    Car:
    Public Transport / Foot
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_F View Post
    If your throttle body is 60mm, the most you can safely bore it to is between 63-64mm.

If you are running a bored/larger diametre throttle body it is really important that the inlet of the manifold is matched to the throttle body diametre. Since a perfect port match is almost impossible to achieve, it is better for the opening of the intake manifold to be slightly larger than throttle body itself. This will ensure there is no ledge or lip to disrupt the airflow.
    i thought so ,
    kool thanks yeah ive opened up the TB and found out that tb and the IM were 60mm i think ill leave as it is cuz did sum research abt the tb porting if not done properly idle problem will occurs

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by felixd View Post
    i thought so ,
    kool thanks yeah ive opened up the TB and found out that tb and the IM were 60mm i think ill leave as it is cuz did sum research abt the tb porting if not done properly idle problem will occurs

cheers
    Yep they are 60mm. You're right, it's really important to bore the throttle body properly. The intake manifold is less important to get perfect.

I recently bought a 64mm 2006 TSX throttle body, and just finished port matching the opening of the intake manifold to match. I might post some pictures if I get a chance

Member Array
    Car:
    Public Transport / Foot
    kool pm me pics as i found we could use the acura tl one also hehe

the rear side of the 2006 tsx throttle body that connects to the intake manifold. You can see some marks left by the 2006 tsx throttle body gasket. For this throttle body to fit on an 03-05 car you'll need an 03-05 throttle body gasket. You can see why in the picutres below.

I ported the opening to about 64.5mm. It's important to mount the throttle body after porting to ensure there is no "lip" or "ledge" that will disrupt the airflow. You should also try to be conservative with the amount of material you remove. While there is a lot of material for the first 10mm but you have less to work with beyond that point.

it's also important to blend your port so there is a smooth transition into the intake manifold. There should be no sudden change in diametre and no ledges or lips.

I took my time doing this and removed small amounts of material at a time. It's a good idea to take it steady if you're new to it. It took me an hour or two using a die grinder and a carbide bur that looks like this:

you can also use a flapping sanding wheel on the end of a drill to do some finishing touches and smooth things off a bit:

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro R
    Very interesting thanks for the photos and tips just a question about removing the electronics from the TB, any precautions i have to take note of when removing these?? your help would be much appreciated
    2003 Accord CL7 EuroR
    Mugen/BuddyClub/J's Racing/Spoon/Unorthodox/Takata/Apexi/WORKwheels

I only ported the intake manifold and didn't touch the throttle body. So there was no need to remove any of the electronics from the throttle body.

The 2006 TSX throttle body is 64mm which is 4mm larger than the 60mm accord euro throttle body. So basically I just removed a 2mm thick circle of material from the intake manifold.

The opening of the manifold needs to be the same size or larger than the throttle body otherwise the air will hit a ledge.

Member Array
    Car:
    Public Transport / Foot
    yaeh i mite just do a smoothing at the IM opening cuz i found that its got a very rough internal thanks for the pics Chris

Member Array
    Car:
    07 FN2R, 09 FD1
    is there much gain to be achieved from this mod?

Member Array
    Car:
    Public Transport / Foot
    JTSO from US forum have done this mod and with I/H + other things with stock cat 10 hp gain. if not done correctly you'll messed up the idle

Member Array
    Car:
    Eva
    Good to see you got it all done Chris! That guy's a pretty good seller eh?

I'm really excited for yours results when all this gets fitted and tuned. Lucky for you you'll only need to swap the 2nd half of the RBB to that ported version, the part that connects to the head is a POS.

So... RBB-R
    CL9 Euro Luxury

Toda - 127kW | Wakefield - 1:19.1 | WSID - 15.4

QUALITY K-SERIES AND CL9 EURO PARTS FOR SALE