Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Eva
    Quote Originally Posted by felixd View Post
    and i think u ll need to hack sum of the piping off to fit
    DON'T DO THAT! I hacked one of the coolant/breather hoses and now I can't fit the RBB back on (believe me I tried)

It's best to either replace the hoses when you swap to RBC or just deal with the extra slack
    CL9 Euro Luxury

Toda - 127kW | Wakefield - 1:19.1 | WSID - 15.4

QUALITY K-SERIES AND CL9 EURO PARTS FOR SALE

if you want to use the RBC with the stock intake, gruppeM intake, mugen intake or any other intake that makes use of the stock rubber intake arm the solution is simple. Buy the intake arm from the euroR It's actually a very cheap part - About US$30

Member Array
    Car:
    07 FN2R, 09 FD1
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_F View Post
    if you want to use the RBC with the stock intake, gruppeM intake, mugen intake or any other intake that makes use of the stock rubber intake arm the solution is simple. Buy the intake arm from the euroR It's actually a very cheap part - About US$30
    would you be able to tell me where i can purchase the euro r intake arm? and does any1 know the diameter size of the RBC IM? is it also 60mm or larger? if i bore the stock throttle body to 64mm, will the rbc also need to be port matched?

what intakes have ppl been using with the rbc?

and which gasket/s will i need to fit the rbc and a bored stock tb, im driving an 08 euro and at the same time might purchase a p2r tb spacer, does any1 know where is the best place to source these?

thanks guys

Member Array
    Car:
    07 FN2R, 09 FD1
    was just searching ebay and there is a tsx throttle body for about $250 AU landed, apprently the 05 is only 63mm not 64...?

is it worth buying for that price and will it be straight bolt on, any mods needed? or better off jus boring the stock tb?

what r ur opinons?

Quote Originally Posted by jyh888 View Post
    would you be able to tell me where i can purchase the euro r intake arm? and does any1 know the diameter size of the RBC IM? is it also 60mm or larger? if i bore the stock throttle body to 64mm, will the rbc also need to be port matched?

and which gasket/s will i need to fit the rbc and a bored stock tb, im driving an 08 euro and at the same time might purchase a p2r tb spacer, does any1 know where is the best place to source these?

thanks guys
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showpos...&postcount=565
    If you check there it says the throttle body is 62mm. Its probably best if you bore the rbc matching the stock throttle body. My friend is using injen with the rbc. The rest i'm not quite sure sorry...

Member Array
    Car:
    07 FN2R, 09 FD1
    Quote Originally Posted by craze View Post
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showpos...&postcount=565
    If you check there it says the throttle body is 62mm. Its probably best if you bore the rbc matching the stock throttle body. My friend is using injen with the rbc. The rest i'm not quite sure sorry...
    thanks, if you dont mind me asking how did your friend fit his injen intake onto the rbc? i heard there are fitment issues in positioning...do you mind taking some photos please thx

Member Array
    Car:
    Eva

thanks guys
    They enlarged the throttle body in the 06+ TSXs, none before then. The opening to the 06+ is 69mm and after butterfly it's 64.5mm. The inlet to the RBC, as Justin wrote, should be over 60mm, so around 62mm sounds right, so yeah it's worth port matching the RBC if you get it.

I am running a custom intake with the RBC, and I really doubt anybody could run one made for the RBB with it. The only gasket worth getting is an IM thermal gasket. You need to get one off the Civic Si, as that came with an RBC-equipped K20 engine.

Just to let you know... you might be very dissappointed with the RBC and the results you get from it. If you're not planning to do a stand-alone tune and cams down the track then steer clear of RBC and just bore your RBB.
    CL9 Euro Luxury

thanks, if you dont mind me asking how did your friend fit his injen intake onto the rbc? i heard there are fitment issues in positioning...do you mind taking some photos please thx
    i'll try to take some pictures and i'll ask how he fitted the injen on

Quote Originally Posted by integral90 View Post
    They enlarged the throttle body in the 06+ TSXs, none before then. The opening to the 06+ is 69mm and after butterfly it's 64.5mm. The inlet to the RBC, as Justin wrote, should be over 60mm, so around 62mm sounds right, so yeah it's worth port matching the RBC if you get it.

I am running a custom intake with the RBC, and I really doubt anybody could run one made for the RBB with it. The only gasket worth getting is an IM thermal gasket. You need to get one off the Civic Si, as that came with an RBC-equipped K20 engine.

Just to let you know... you might be very dissappointed with the RBC and the results you get from it. If you're not planning to do a stand-alone tune and cams down the track then steer clear of RBC and just bore your RBB.

When you say dissappointing can you abbreviate on that? If i had done all the bolt on mods would this improve the results of the rbc?

Member Array
    Car:
    Eva
    Quote Originally Posted by craze View Post
    When you say dissappointing can you abbreviate on that? If i had done all the bolt on mods would this improve the results of the rbc?
    Because the RBB manifold is actually a very well-designed and well-suited part to the Euro's characteristics. It is designed for mid-range torque and when people say "it sacrafices top end" for that, it doesn't, because they're speaking about builds where they plan to rev to 8000rpm+ (way out of the RBB's league). The RBB is almost perfectly suited to the Euro's redline, VTC gears and hunger for air, as Chris F has proven that with a bored RBB and bigger throttle body you can make huge mid-range gains and hold good peak power for a while.

The only place you'll lose power with an RBB compared to an RBC is in the early revs up to about 3800rpm and after about 6500rpm. That 2700rpm chunk in the middle is the most important of the whole rev range, though, so the benefit is gone.

This is of course with the standard ECU with its standard VTC settings, because that too has been set up for the RBB's longer runners. I have confidence that with stand alone tuning (the ability to do VTC) and increase the redline the RBC could be as good-a-performer as the RBB with stock cams, but with the ability to rev higher (assuming the cams and valvetrain could).

I speak from experience though as I've done every bolt on and the RBC, including a header and exhaust with more flow than most being run on Euros and a larger TB.

At the end of the day though, the RBC (and the similiar RRC) are very, very good parts. I mean Honda wouldn't put them on the Type Rs if they weren't. But you can't bolt a part from a completely different engine such as the K20A onto a K24 and expect its stock tuning, cams, VTC etc. to take kindly to it.

/endbitchsession
    CL9 Euro Luxury

^ great post.

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to integral90 again."

Thanks for clearing that up !