Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    EK9
    Congratulations on the new PB on the weekend.
    Hope there wasn't too much damage to the car after you pulled it out of the tyre wall?

Cheers Greg..
    "Understeer you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you."

Account Disabled Array
    Car is fine, just needs a few new panels and the car will be ready for next Round in 3 weeks

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R, R6
    Congrats Tran brothers. You guys have done well without sponsors, I look forward to seeing you do even better with some support.

Good to see BYP still battling yesterday after your minor incident.

Did you record a new PB? Was it in the last session?

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    Quote Originally Posted by jords View Post
    Congrats Tran brothers. You guys have done well without sponsors, I look forward to seeing you do even better with some support.

Good to see BYP still battling yesterday after your minor incident.

Did you record a new PB? Was it in the last session?

Thanks Jords.

Nah didnt reset the record which was set earlier in the day. Too many aerodynamics parts got damage and we never recovered. New record and P.B set @ 1.18.2.

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaz View Post

you boys have spent the most money and time this year in your class, and it shows, but the car is far from back yard anymore isnt it, you've really stepped up this year and the times are on the board.
    Did we really spend the most money and time? Backyard racers dont have massive budget or time. Full time work and full time studies dont leave alot of time to play with cars. Dont know where you pulling info from. We roll on 2nd hand tyres given from the IPRA guys. Budget racing ftw.

Its a shame to see the toda/mfactory car giving up this yr. Guess they cant win the championship now so might as well not show up? Hope they come back bigger and better for next yr.
    Last edited by fatboyz39; 13-07-2009 at 03:31 PM.

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    Quote Originally Posted by string View Post
    April this year. He did mention that he was very busy so I don't hold it against him.
    He is a busy man. We dont get a reply from emails for a few days. What parts were you after?

Member Array
    Car:
    EK
    Quote Originally Posted by fatboyz39 View Post
    Did we really spend the most money and time? Backyard racers dont have massive budget. Dont know where you pulling info from. We roll on 2nd hand tyres given from the IPRA guys. Budget racing ftw.

Its a shame to see the toda/mfactory car giving up this yr. Guess they cant win the championship now so might as well not show up? Hope they come back bigger and better for next yr.
    Hahahahaha, there's always sour grapes isnt there Jimmy?

There is alot of money spent in supersprint, weather they are backyard or not, it costs to race, but then most hobbies cost.

Thats great you can get used rubber from some irpa boys, sprints allow that with only 2 fast laps per race and not many sessions for the day.

Well maybe its hasnt cost YOU that much money when you dont own the new engine, but the parts are on the car, the engine/box change amongst other parts that are different from last year have obviousily done their job, well done.

Leonard as far as im aware just replaced his front brakes and has spent most of his time trying to get the weight out, which when starting life as a VTI wouldnt be easy, he hasnt touched his driveline since last season and has been unlucky with the car and with a new child and work commitments, guess some people have different priorities at times, but you can read into that however you want, but thats what im lead to believe.

I was mearly asking questions out of interest whilst giving you credit for Benny's efforts behind the wheel, his driving and the car has come along way.

Im sure a a few cars next year will be bigger and better, looking forward to it.

Once again, well done.

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    Alot of money spent on supersprint? Come on, you can drive a stock shitbox and still race. Just dependent how much your willing to spend and be SMART on what and when to spend on.

We dont own the engine? Who says? We DO own the engine. Funny how you cross wires with something else. Driveline different? Same old if not we went backward by installing a ITR gearbox back in. Oh you thought we were running close gear set, final drive, clunking LSD? Mayb i dont know my car well enough

LOL using from a VTi base. Whats that gotta do with anything. We started off a a SI base? Do we have a upper hand somehow?

"Thats great you can get used rubber from some irpa boys, sprints allow that with only 2 fast laps per race and not many sessions for the day."

Mayb you should have a steer with the Toda/Mfactory EG, since Leo is busy with work and kid.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK
    Quote Originally Posted by fatboyz39 View Post
    Alot of money spent on supersprint? Come on, you can drive a stock shitbox and still race. Just dependent how much your willing to spend and be SMART on what and when to spend on.

We dont own the engine? Who says? We DO own the engine. Funny how you cross wires with something else. Driveline different? Same old if not we went backward by installing a ITR gearbox back in. Oh you thought we were running close gear set, final drive, clunking LSD? Mayb i dont know my car well enough

LOL using from a VTi base. Whats that gotta do with anything. We started off a a SI base? Do we have a upper hand somehow?

"Thats great you can get used rubber from some irpa boys, sprints allow that with only 2 fast laps per race and not many sessions for the day."

Mayb you should have a steer with the Toda/Mfactory EG, since Leo is busy with work and kid.
    Settle Petal.

I really dont want to spam this thread with all of this but what, are you saying that decent amounts of money arnt spent by people who compete in the supersprint series, breakdowns and part failures, discs,pads,tyres, fuel be it unleaded or E85, wheel alignments, dyno tuning and other changes made throughout the season to make their cars quicker?

Well spent money is always better then stupid spent money, think i learnt that buying lollies as a 5 yr old.

Sorry, i was of the opinon that Dave was the engine owner seeing he said he was all over Hondatech when you boys posted up your results on there and thought you were concentrating on the chassis and Dave was handelling the powerplant side of things.

http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php...ght=uncle+dave

I didnt know if you had a close ratio gear set of not, but the itr box would have given you great results seeing you had the 4.9 FD in the old box and now had a 2.0 instead of a 1.6 ltr, i wouldnt be suprised if you have a higher final drive fitted considering the torque and weight of the car as it stands.

Yes you do have an advantage starting with an SI, for starters it never came fitted with a sunroof nor the extra chassis bracing the vti recieved due to the big hole they cut in the roof, not to mention the earlier models having a thinner and much lighter firewall due to noise regulations introduced into the japenese car market around 93ish i believe, add that to you've been running cageless and benny eats no where near as much food as Leonard, and it would be up there, id love to see the 2 cars on the scales actually, Leonard and you havnt been secretive with your power outputs and they are very similar so it would be interesting to know.

In regards to tyres, if you can get them used from a racer, you can fit them knowing they are going to get you through a day of racing without any problems seeing you were so confused by that comment.

Only thing stopping me from getting to the track has been a recent car accident i had and the health issues ive had due to it, but hopefully 1 day, ill be out there with you all, until then, i like keeping an eye on everyone involved be it Troy,Dave,James,Leonard and Benny.

Like i said, you really do read into things the wrong way Jimmy and Benny doesnt for some reason, get your back up when you dont need to, everything i write is coming from whats available for everyone to read online.

I'll leave it at that.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda EGK25A
    wow! Didn't know how competitive it is out there. Entertaining at most.
    - MTA APPRENTICESHIP PLUS - SHIFT PERFORMANCE - +++++++

Jimmy,

This thread is to celebrate your success and you should keep it to that. Really, while there may be competitive rivalry between us, as hard as it may be for you to believe, I am actually happy for you - in setting the new records, and because of your ages (or Benson's at least), you may actually have the opportunity to go alot further than I or most ppl here may have.

For myself, I've only ever started circuit driving less than 3 years ago and for what I've achieved, I'm proud. I'm very glad to have had Adrian's support along the way (Especially when he doesn't have to) and I am very much obligated to return the favours. If you or any others have any illusions that that we're some form of professional race team, I have to admit, whilst I am very flattered, it is far from the truth. Toda is a small performance tuning shop thats working hard to survive in this small competitive market. Everytime Adrian works on my car, he gives up revenue earning opportunities - and if you've never had to support a young family, you don't know how difficult this is. As such, given a paying customers car or my car, the choice is a no brainer - even it it means sacrificing testing times to be competitive. This is how we've actually been operating over the last season and this year. Fortunately, Adrian is very good at what he does and keeps me competitive despite my lack of experience.

Its not a matter of giving up - You do realise this is just grassroots motorsports right? There are no professional teams here - and a lot of us have our day jobs, families and businesses to run. Our priorities and budget do not lie in being the quickest or getting the be the quickest - its a nice benefit if we did but most of us certainly do not pull out all stops to get fast - But if you do, like yourselves, then of course you deserve to win.

Seriously, unlike yourselves, these 2 seasons, I've only took 1 testing day at Oran park early this year because I was so rusty after not having driven the car for almost 6 months since the last season. Last year, we never did any testing at all - All our "testings" were done during the competitive runs itself. Look, talking up your wins and downplaying your commitment is fine if you want to make yourselves look good because at the end of the day, you only answer to yourself. Am I pissed at losing to you guys this year? Of course I am - which racer likes to lose? If we liked losing, we won't bother racing would we? If you liked losing, would you have bothered to step up your game? Unfortunately I haven't been able to commit this year and in this game, commitment wins, Benson and yourselves have shown that commitment both time wise and financially, so of course you deserve to win.

Honestly, my engine is no more expensive than anyone who would build a proper engine. The parts are all off the shelf, nothing custom. The difference is that Adrian built my engine (and has done a darn fine job) - I don't have the knowledge to do this properly, nor have the time to learn. I do however, prep the rest of the car myself, including mechanical installations and repairs - So how do you define backyard? I'm definately not a Mechanic/Technician by trade. Having fancy stickers on the car doesn't make me a professional racer does it? It was done more so because the grass roots "race cars" are so drab from the scene in SG/Malaysia, I'd though I'd add a little colour. It does make the car look good. LOL.

For the record, we've pulled the car from these rounds because of a head issue - You might not know that our "big expense" engine still uses the B16A from a damaged B16A from my first engine transplant. There were already inherent issues (You would've heard of our coolant overflow issues) with the head but we risked it anyway because we were on a budget. So rather than hastily piece something together, we've decided to do this properly - to do this properly takes time, and Adrian and myself currently don't have the time - hence, the car is just sitting there. Adrian and myself do like to spend our evenings with our family and babies you know - not working on cars..LOL.

We'll be back definately, and we'll give you the run. For my part, given the effort put into the events, I think we're doing a darn fine job. In parting, here's a little present for you. :-)

p.s. that clunking LSD? 3rd hand ATS unit got with a swap. LOL Will get a more expensive plate MFactory one next time, I promise! :-)
    MFactory Competition Products

Quote Originally Posted by Slaz View Post
    ...and benny eats no where near as much food as Leonard,
    I just read this! FU Slaz! Are you saying I'm Fat?!!c LOL
    MFactory Competition Products