Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EG4 GLi
    Thanks for the right up, very insightful for people who have never tracked.
    Crazy that 1mm can cause so much difference.
    In regards to brake set ups, this would be proportional to the power you are putting down, correct?

Member Array
    Car:
    ek
    id probably use the same brake fluid pads and rotors if i had a stock b18c..
    12.949 @ 107.71mph
    2.063 60ft on Advan AD08
    EKK20A 142.9kw on 98ron

its not called stance if you're on spacers..

Member Array
    Car:
    ES1 Turbo, EK1
    damn nice car man, i love the k20 in civics. u got any vids of they day

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R>AH>EK>DC2
    Zico, that was a good read, well done.

Glad to know you had a good time
    SPAMMAPS
    Carburettor|Nation

that mikey G guy is the biggest shit talker ive ever met..
    in the space of 15minutes he sold two sets of wheels. claims a guy under the username DNT-CRY bought them!

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    Those wheel alignment Jax gave you is close to ideal setup. I wouldnt change it one bit.

Member Array
    Car:
    doorstop
    Quote Originally Posted by fatboyz39 View Post
    Those wheel alignment Jax gave you is close to ideal setup. I wouldnt change it one bit.
    except,being a JAX alignment,id prob check whether it is was they actually say it is

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    Quote Originally Posted by CRXer View Post
    except,being a JAX alignment,id prob check whether it is was that actually say it is

We use them. Great guys. I should say JAX liverpool. Dont need million dollar wheel alginment corner balance for backyard cars

Member Array
    Car:
    ek
    hmm you think so ? the BYP Civic rear toe set inwards too ?
    i had a look at pro concept setup and they toe'd the rear outwards.. im not sure why, but i'd give this setup a go and see how it handles..

maybe driving style and technique has something to do wiht it ? i already did another alignment the day after wakefield..
    ive got alot to learn anyway, so hope this can bring some sort of improvement.
    thanks jimmy
    except,being a JAX alignment,id prob check whether it is was they actually say it is
    We use them. Great guys. I should say JAX liverpool. Dont need million dollar wheel alginment corner balance for backyard cars
    well i had stand next to them and monitor the screen whilst they do their job just to understand whats going on.. i get a printout of my settings at the end of the alignment..
    and as fatboyz39 has said, they are pretty good. Awesome guys with real track experience from 2 of their workers too.

i just need a good combination of settings to use..
    12.949 @ 107.71mph
    2.063 60ft on Advan AD08
    EKK20A 142.9kw on 98ron

its not called stance if you're on spacers..

Member Array
    Car:
    doorstop
    thats good to hear,just dont go to JAX bondi junction,they seem to have like a 5 mm tolerance,lol.

your right jimmy dont need big budget tools,just a piece of string & a ruler for toe settings,easy.....

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Mirage
    Top effort on getting out there and letting the car do what it does best.

fatboyz is not wrong there RE: alignments
    on top of that both of your alignments (ie the one you got from JAX and the one you think you should run) can cater for different driving style or just how the driver likes the car to handle.
    neither of them are wrong persay.

E.g i used to run zero toe at the back.
    But then I wanted the rear to turn more so I have about 1mm toe out each side.
    Then on the street I didnt like the setup as it was too snappy on the limit. I set out for a more mild 0.5mm toe each side.
    As for the front I had run zero toe on the street. Fine. Now I run a bit more aggressive setup for the street of 0.5mm toe out each side.
    One can say that a street setup will work fine on the track but a track setup is not ideal for the street. You can find some middle ground.
    If you want to find the best combo you would have to go all out and measure how heat is distributed on the tyres and adjust, alignment and tyre pressure to maximise grip.
    THen again. You can go to Eastern Creek and it might like a different alignment and setup to enable you to go faster.

Account Disabled Array
    thats good to hear,just dont go to JAX bondi junction,they seem to have like a 5 mm tolerance,lol.

your right jimmy dont need big budget tools,just a piece of string & a ruler for toe settings,easy.....
    I do my own corner balance

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    CT9A

LOL 5mm tolerance... string and ruler is real tight arse way. If i knew how to do it i think i would