Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EG5 Civic & Audi A3 1.8t

OEM honda thermostat & coolant

I am about to change my thermostat & flush the coolant. I went to my local Honda dealer today & they quoted me $79.50 for the thermostat with gasket & $12.90 for one litre of coolant concentrate.

My question is; Is the price for the thermostat normal? i thought it was pretty expensive?

As for the coolant he said it was "blue" in colour and was a concentrate. 1 litre makes 2 litres. It was called Honda coolant "Type 2"

Is this correct coolant? From searching the forums I assumed it was premixed in a 4 litre bottle?

Thoughts on the above?

Member Array
    Car:
    its a bike!
    thats actually about right , aftermarket thermos are around that price i believe the spoon one is 85ish as for coolant not really sure... change ur fan switch while ur at it...this is for an EG?
    its the ice cream man !

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EG5 Civic & Audi A3 1.8t
    Quote Originally Posted by DNY*BOY View Post
    thats actually about right , aftermarket thermos are around that price i believe the spoon one is 85ish as for coolant not really sure... change ur fan switch while ur at it...this is for an EG?
    Yeah for the eg. Would there be any need to change the fan switch?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC05- K20, BL5 - EJ20T
    yes that sounds right for a thermostat.
    comes with the gasket as well.
    coolant is pre-mixed, i have no idea what his going on about, but it comes in 1lt bottles or 5lt bottles now.
    even the bottle says do not mix with water.
    so you will need a 5l bottle.

Member Array
    Car:
    Pimpin rover
    correct a mundo neighbourino!
    love the hondas.

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    EG CIVIC
    sounds about right,,, your basically paying for labour as well,,,, but that's fair if your paying someone to do it,,,, honda sells pre mixed coolants, but when they use there coolant in the workshop its just in a huge drum and they mix it,,, they don't open 3 bottles or wahtever and use it,,, they actaully mix it there, not too sure about what colour coolant Honda uses, but i assume it's blue as what he said, the yellowy green shit is the stuff you get from auto stores,,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by buggo View Post
    I am about to change my thermostat & flush the coolant. I went to my local Honda dealer today & they quoted me $79.50 for the thermostat with gasket & $12.90 for one litre of coolant concentrate.

My question is; Is the price for the thermostat normal? i thought it was pretty expensive?

As for the coolant he said it was "blue" in colour and was a concentrate. 1 litre makes 2 litres. It was called Honda coolant "Type 2"

Is this correct coolant? From searching the forums I assumed it was premixed in a 4 litre bottle?

Thoughts on the above?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EG5 Civic & Audi A3 1.8t
    [QUOTE=OEMFTW;2354298]sounds about right,,, your basically paying for labour as well,,,, but that's fair if your paying someone to do it,,,, QUOTE]

Thats the price just for the thermostat & gasket. I will be putting it in myself.

Member Array
    Car:
    1995 eg civic VTi
    yeah mate, all dealerships use the blue coolant now. a few years back it was green, but due to a new concentrated mixture, its now blue. the price is a bit steep, if you're in melb i could get it for ya cheaper then that, haha.....

Member Array
    Car:
    1995 eg civic VTi
    yeah mate, all dealerships use the blue coolant now. a few years back it was green, but due to a new concentrated mixture, its now blue. the price is a bit steep, if you're in melb i could get it for ya cheaper then that, haha.....

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    shouldve just bought the 4L premix they sell

and for a thermo thats about right for an item that usually doesnt need replacing

but if youre mixing coolant, use distilled water not tap water
    WTB: EK oem JDM Visors

I love J-Cups