Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    ED9 b18cR crx
    but civics are so stereotypical....
    accords there are less and they are sexy as :P
    civics are sexy too but it really depends what youre looking for...
    it is harder to get genuine parts for accords in australia but i got pretty much the whole front end of panels for a third of the price of genuine parts.
    keep in mind if you are on p's you cant really do engine swaps or forced induction etc...
    you can really only do the basics...
    cd5 accords with a cold air induction and an exhaust are easily enough power for a first car and it will beat all your mates, especially if you make it a bit lighter. first cars really should not have too much power and even without it youre about 95% more likely to crash on your p's. accords i know from experience are safe as can be and can be crashed or whatever and still live on. civics i would guess cant take a beating as much, as there is always a civic in the wrecker and i have seen equally as many accords on the road up here but never in a wrecker.
    Last edited by zero_1234567890; 17-07-2009 at 04:47 PM.

yeh but i'm assuming you've owned it for atleast a fair portion of those 390,000kms..

and zero_1234567890, i'm not really an "enthusiastic" driver so i'd be happy with the engine and all the parts being stock.. i'm just thinking more about the exterior/look of the car.
    Last edited by primouomo; 17-07-2009 at 04:53 PM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    ED9 b18cR crx
    I have only owned my accord for only about 20,000 kms out of 260,000 and i know that the previous owner thrashed it for a fair while but it still has not a single thing wrong with it.
    and i also knew pretty much nothing about cars before i got it but i have learnt a lot and nothing has died thus far... 200,000 is nothing really

I'm going to try and test-drive 2 or 3 Accords and Civics and I think that will help me decide which to opt for. I've only test-driven one Accord (can't remember what year it was, but it was pre-2002 for sure. I wasn't really impressed with it, but then I guess i'm used to driving my mum's 2001 Ford Laser lol so I guess any bigger car would take getting used to.
    But right now i am leaning towards the Civic.. It'd be better for petrol, about the same size as the lazer and i'd be happy if I could make the front of a sedan look like:

It's like the prelude - looks sporty/stylish - and not like some hoon's done-up/drag-racing car haha. Thanks for the help! Any more advice is appreciated!

So where would I get bodykits for Civics? I live in Geelong, Victoria.

that pic you posted of those civics dont have a body kit on, its just a front lip.

gives it a nice clean simple look. i wouldnt go with a fibre glass bodykit.
    stay OEM
    Quote Originally Posted by dwn_boi View Post
    not quite sure how to spell but taste mad, its hard on the outside and creamy on the inside omfg so good

ahh I thought the front lip was just one of the parts of a body kit haha. Yeh I prefer it that way - it looks more like an original manufactured car model as opposed to some done-up car. What and where would I get it to look like that pic? I'm trying to see if that lip style is widely available around here and what prices would be like..
    Also what do you think the Prelude headlights would look like on the Civic? and roughly what would I expect to pay for metal fabrication to make that possible?

Quote Originally Posted by zero_1234567890 View Post
    and nothing has died thus far... 200,000 is nothing really
    My CB7 has done about 280,000km, and doesn't burn any oil...

Keep in mind that Accords are set up very softly, the springs and dampers are not built for speed. A set of Koni Sports ('yellows') makes a huge difference, as does a stiffer rear anti roll bar, but another issue is that the stock wheel width is only 5.5", which is too narrow even for the stock 195 tyre.

A good and reasonably cheap option is to use Prelude wheels which are 6.5" wide, much more suitable for 195 tyres or 205.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4K24
    H22A Turbo or ITB + Coilovers + brake upgrade and wheels - CD5 accord
    Vince

Member Array
    Car:
    Liberty GTspecB
    Quote Originally Posted by primouomo View Post
    What and where would I get it to look like that pic? I'm trying to see if that lip style is widely available around here and what prices would be like..
    You will need the lip roughly $150, the Grill roughly $60-70 (unless u want OEM for like $300), foglights price will vary dpending on where at what you get and the headlights you can do a DIY.
    Last edited by Raztaz; 21-07-2009 at 10:42 PM.
    I used to have a EK sedan
    psn: w-_custer_-w

Ah ok. Thanks for all the advise everybody!

Quote Originally Posted by primouomo View Post
    ahh I thought the front lip was just one of the parts of a body kit haha. Yeh I prefer it that way - it looks more like an original manufactured car model as opposed to some done-up car. What and where would I get it to look like that pic? I'm trying to see if that lip style is widely available around here and what prices would be like..
    Also what do you think the Prelude headlights would look like on the Civic? and roughly what would I expect to pay for metal fabrication to make that possible?
    id just leave the lights as if, i dont think the longer lights would suit the civic at all. with the fabrication, it could cost abit. just spend the money on mods
    Quote Originally Posted by dwn_boi View Post
    not quite sure how to spell but taste mad, its hard on the outside and creamy on the inside omfg so good