Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned Array
    Car:
    Civic Turbo

how do i know if i have an airbag?

hey guys i just gettin rid of my shit ass steering wheel in a few days
    and i have a fully sic new wheel to go on and a boss kit on the way.

However i do not know weather my standard wheel has a air bag or not.
    Its a 94 civic gli 4door. The wheel has the whole center part as the horn (not buttons)

does neone know weather or not this wheel has a bag or not?

thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    ..S2000..
    i think.. not sure.. but most cars with airbags.. have a little light in the dash that say airbag or SRS??? etc.. when you turn the ignition to the stage where the lights light up.. just before you start the engine.. well there should be a light that lights up to indicate the airbag is initiated..
    ..VTEC YO!..

pure N/A all the way

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Sedan w/JDM ZC
    pretty sure not airbag. airbag wheels have SRS on them i think?

Member Array
    Car:
    scooby doobydoo
    carsales says you do. but they aren't always 100% correct.

http://www.carsales.com.au/pls/carsa...&year_max=1996

Moderator Array
    Car:
    s2k,ED,EG
    does the steering wheel looks huge in the middle if it does it has a air bag , or just look at the dash which lights up when u start the car

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    most wheels with air bag will have SRS in the centre of the wheel molded in the wheel as well as the RED SRS light and the SRS warning under the sun visor

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2 Luxury
    yeah i dont think yours will have an airbag mate. but yeah as ECU-MAN said look for a lil moulded thing on the wheel somewhere. if it does have an airbag it will say SRS moulded into it

Member Array
    Car:
    EG, GC8
    if the entire center part of the wheel is the horn and there is not SRS written on it.. you probably dun have horn, to be sure, when u turn the ignition to on, red SRS light will flashes..

Member Array
    Car:
    cb3 Accord
    Yeah if the entire middle of the wheel is the horn you don't have one. If there are two buttons on either side you do. Plus the light in the dash. From the owners manual.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    mine have 2 buttons as the horn on either side and no airbag... for the Eg, look to see if the cover of ur steering wheel as a small crease in the middle.. this is for the cover to fold as the airbag comes out, becoz obviosly u dont wnt the cover to fly out and hit u in the face as the airbag comes out, if it doesnt.. i doubt u have it.. also look for that and the SRS light

Banned Array
    Car:
    Civic Turbo
    nice guys thanks heaps for the advice, ahah i guess i will find out tomozza when i put the new wheel on.... hehe
    should be fun

I guess the other way to find out for sure is to drive into a brick wall at high speed and see if it pops out or not. If nothing pops out, you got no airbag.