Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    Looking heaps good......and we all lookforward to the write up!

Quote Originally Posted by EK9
    y hasn't my title changed in the forum? i changed it in the first post, shouldn't it have changed??? mods can u help me???
    DONE!
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq

Winner! Array
    Car:
    dc2
    hey dude.....

looks very well done!

im not trying to burst ur bubble, but gotta ask one question. have u made sure that u can close ur door with that speaker pod sticking out like that?

make sure, cos i know both sides of ur door might be slightly different around the edges that contact eachother etc. ive been there, done that, when everythig is great on the door panel, but doesnt fit in the car lol.

but eithery... looks very cool man! hope the speakers sound great!

what set up apart form the spr-17a's have u got?
    when do we hit vtec?

o4 Euro... [EUROTIC] Array
    Car:
    04 Euro Luxury
    good tip Fried

I recently witnessed a three way door setup that was farely hard core.
    Problem was for the door to shut the dash and the new skin bashed together, compressing both until door shut.
    [EUROTIC]
    04 Euro Luxury.... now retired

Member Array
    Car:
    98 EK9 CTR
    thanks for the comments guys... had to work today so didn't do anything, but tmrw is on! hehe

wynode: thanks for the fix! write up comming soon... hehe

fried: it's good to get feedback, just in case that does happen! but i'm pretty sure the pods will fit cos i've basically just made a fatter version of the standard speaker cover... uh does that make sense? well it ain't any bigger than wot was there already i'll definitely test fit it tmrw too, hope all will be good

i also got the 6x9 type r's (spr-694a) and mrv-f340 (4 channel amp). y alpine? dunno, just like them... always had them and it's cool to have type r's in my type r! LOL!
    arrowz

OTO-KREW

Maybe sound deaden your car while you're at it

Banned Array
    Car:
    Mud Crow
    Good work EK9!
    Looks really good so far. Kinda inspires me to go and do some DIY.

just pay for help

just pay a bit of money and get them installed for you.... it will only take the pro's bout 1 hr and itll be all done with no probs..... easy as that...
    esp if u dont know what u doin

this is the kind of story that makes me scared to buy splits and just settle for some hi-end 6"s for the fronts on my DC2 Teg.....im so scarred man (even thou its only dc2, but still, its my baby), im like you, cant get the courage to start cutting bits of my door and whatnot...rather have upgraded stuff in stock locatons...but then everyone tells me splits are the way to go...good luck man, be brave.

Banned Array
    Car:
    Mud Crow
    Nah man with my car i was like "hmmmmm these speakers dont seem to fit"(Homer Voice)
    *pulls out jigsaw* Hehehehehe
    JUST THINK OF THE WIEGHT SAVINGS

Can't Wait to see final results!!

Member Array
    Car:
    98 EK9 CTR
    i'm in the middle of it right now! haha
    putting on the fibreglass as we speak
    everything fit all good, so let's see how it turns out in a few hours

btw, i would get the pro's, but i dun wanna fork out the $$$... i knew i might be able to do it, so i'll take my chances on myself first. oh, and if u do it urself, u get exactly wot u want

b back soon.
    arrowz

OTO-KREW

Member Array
    Car:
    98 EK9 CTR
    man that resin stinks bad! makin me hi LOL

Quote Originally Posted by jay-bee'z
    this is the kind of story that makes me scared to buy splits and just settle for some hi-end 6"s for the fronts on my DC2 Teg.....im so scarred man (even thou its only dc2, but still, its my baby), im like you, cant get the courage to start cutting bits of my door and whatnot...rather have upgraded stuff in stock locatons...but then everyone tells me splits are the way to go...good luck man, be brave.
    yeah, who would wanna cut into their beloved car

thing is my car already had a speaker upgrade... clarion splits were in there wen i got the car, so they already drilled holes and mounted splits on the back part of the side mirrors. and today wen i removed the drivers side door panel, wot did i discover? they had already cut into my doors! the plastic behind the speaker was cut out, dunno y they would only cut one side??? i bet ya a dodgy audio shop did it... that's y it's hard to leave ur car in other ppls hands to do custom jobs, whether it's audio or performance mods.
    arrowz

OTO-KREW

Member Array
    Car:
    98 EK9 CTR
    Quote Originally Posted by ArSe
    just pay a bit of money and get them installed for you.... it will only take the pro's bout 1 hr and itll be all done with no probs..... easy as that...
    esp if u dont know what u doin
    nah won't take them 1 hr... if it did i would seriously be worried!
    arrowz

OTO-KREW