Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    BLZ-ARW001
    yeh EK9, i'll try and get sum pics for you... if i got some time.. hehe.. yeh like toE said, is your magnet too big for the hole or it juz dont snuG fit..?
    arrowz
    blz-arw001

OTO-KREW

Member Array
    Car:
    98 EK9 CTR
    Quote Originally Posted by toE
    huh? I din say cut your doors.

let me get this straight,
    the magnet part of your speaker is larger than the hole?
    or
    it fits, but there's something preventing the speaker to sit flush with the door?
    oh, u didn't? hehe... well u can't remove the backing, it's one whole piece with the door... here's a pic (only one i got atm), u can kinda c where the speaker sits and the plastic back

yeah the magnet is huge and fat! i think even if i cut the back out, i still would have to drill into the door... i'll get sum more pics soon
    arrowz

OTO-KREW

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1 & GD3
    hey dude i had the same problem u have when i was installing my pioneer splits into my EM1, the magnet was too fat

but i bit the bullet and cut the plastic backing out, once the speaker is in u cant see a thing behind it, after i did this the speaker fit and i put the standard speaker grill....u cant even tell i have the splits in my doors

Member Array
    Car:
    98 EK9 CTR
    Quote Originally Posted by nobbs
    hey dude i had the same problem u have when i was installing my pioneer splits into my EM1, the magnet was too fat

but i bit the bullet and cut the plastic backing out, once the speaker is in u cant see a thing behind it, after i did this the speaker fit and i put the standard speaker grill....u cant even tell i have the splits in my doors
    can't do it to my ctr doors yet!!! they ain't so easy to replace either... i probly would if i had normal doors.

just went and got sum pics too

new vs old

arrowz

OTO-KREW

Member Array
    Car:
    BLZ-ARW001
    got no choice i reckon... i had same problem.. didnt wanna cut my door but then i was like....argh! jus do it.. flip your door trim the other way round and you'll see the speaker mould... cut the entire mould and the speaker will fit nicely..i'll get some pics soon EK9... working tomorrow but thursday i gotta do some stuff to my car so i'll get some pics for you...
    arrowz
    blz-arw001

OTO-KREW

Member Array
    Car:
    BLZ-ARW021
    ahh...now i understand.

can't u just screw it straight onto the door, which will sit behind the door trim?

hmm...maybe not aye?

Member Array
    Car:
    usdm whore
    one question off topic but related. how did u run ya speaker wires? i mean from amp to crossover box. did u feed it though the black plastic gromet thing or u left it lying around? cuz i can't seen to ffeed it trhough my one

Member Array
    Car:
    Silver Coupe
    I think your only real option is to try to make custom pods or get smaller speakers. It’s going to be tough finding speakers that fit in the stock holes with spacers. I can understand your dilemma not wanting to cut the door trims.
    If I had a genuine EK9 I wouldn’t want to cut them either. I was lazy with my MB Quartz splits I just cut the backing off, but my door trims don’t cost 500 bucks a pair.
    Talk to Fhrx about what speakers will fit in the stock mounting position or maybe asking for quote for some custom door pods.

Member Array
    Car:
    98 EK9 CTR
    Quote Originally Posted by z3lda
    one question off topic but related. how did u run ya speaker wires? i mean from amp to crossover box. did u feed it though the black plastic gromet thing or u left it lying around? cuz i can't seen to ffeed it trhough my one
    well for now, i'm gonna run the existing wires, like i've dun with the rears... thing is i just dun have the time and resources atm to install my amp.

in regards to feeding wires thru gaps/gromets/etc, i'm not that experienced... actually not experienced at all with car audio so i got no idea how to run the wires thru... i guess the best way is just to rip it all apart like i did and go from there this is definitely a learning experience.
    arrowz

OTO-KREW

Member Array
    Car:
    98 EK9 CTR
    Quote Originally Posted by CTR Coupe
    I think your only real option is to try to make custom pods or get smaller speakers. It’s going to be tough finding speakers that fit in the stock holes with spacers. I can understand your dilemma not wanting to cut the door trims.
    If I had a genuine EK9 I wouldn’t want to cut them either. I was lazy with my MB Quartz splits I just cut the backing off, but my door trims don’t cost 500 bucks a pair.
    Talk to Fhrx about what speakers will fit in the stock mounting position or maybe asking for quote for some custom door pods.
    yup, that's wot i'm goin for... custom home made pods! hopefully i can get a frame/mount made up by the weekend and it'll be ready for the resin/fibreglass. just hope i got enuff tools to work with

well i'm gonna try this myself first, then if all fails, i'll go custom pods or wotever... speaker wise, i've gone for an alpine system (personal pref ) so i'm sticking wif wot i've got, no changes... i'm determined!!!
    arrowz

OTO-KREW

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1, BB6, AP1
    Hey dude. I got an Ek1.. I had focal splits installed and the magnets were too big as well. I went to get custom ones made. They are actually just the standard grill modified into pods. I have pictures if you want to leave me your email address. Ive also sold my splits and well i wouldnt mind just swapping for your standard ones. They dont look "FULLYSICK BRO" pods but they do the job and have a nice sound stage. The tweeters are installed on the pods as well. let me know

Member Array
    Car:
    98 EK9 CTR
    cool... i actually thought of doin that too!
    email me at vinh_h_le@hotmail.com. thanks.
    oh, but ur all the way in bris! haha... well talk over email then
    arrowz

OTO-KREW