Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    EK VTi-R
    mm.. thats a toughie vinh, i chopped my ek4 ones up.. wont be able to notice once u get the grille one but it would hurt to *know* that u hacked up some CTR doors hahaa... maybe you can have my door, and i'll take yours, then u can fit the speakers in perfect, without hacking ur doors! *gosh im so genius!*

try what the other boys say mate, my only worry is after u put the spaces in, will the original grille fit, or will the speaker sit out too much?

Member Array
    Car:
    98 EK9 CTR
    LOL tony... wot a great idea!!! wot's ur address dude? i'll send my doors straight up to syd! hahah, j/k... don't get all excited!

spacers won't work... cos the speakers just stick out way too far and the then grill wouldn't fit. don't think the grill would even fit if it came out like 10mm.

well i'm goin custom pods, gonna try my skills very soon and if i have sumfing dun tonight, i'll post pics.
    arrowz

OTO-KREW

Member Array
    Car:
    98 EK9 CTR
    went to Bunnings today and after spending sum $$ i'm committed to getting this done! hehe...

here's sum stuff i bought - fibreglass resin, catalyst. hope it's enuff for now

yeah i know ppl gonna say buy at *insert place here* cos it's cheaper but Bunnings is close, it's just a convenience thing

pod frame construction - template from my door

3mm MDF

first few pieces nicely cut and sanded

lined up all nicely

this is my first time trying anything like this. hope everything goes according to "plan" - so far so good
    arrowz

OTO-KREW

Member Array
    Car:
    EK VTi-R
    mate that looks so pro, now what? what can u do now?

Member Array
    Car:
    98 EK9 CTR
    hehe, thanks tony
    next is to finish the frame... the side bit where the pocket is, then a ring and mount it so i can get the speaker in position. then wrap it in cloth, apply the fibreglass resin and then sand the bugger down.

Question: i've seen a few writeups on this, sum used fibreglass cloth/matt (woteva it's called) and one didn't (he made pods and just just used the resin). would only using the resin be sufficient for strength, hold and shape??? any experts out there???
    arrowz

OTO-KREW

Member Array
    Car:
    98 EK9 CTR
    ok, i managed to do a little more... finished the 'frame' before the fibreglass goes on...

here's sum pics

mdf pieces - it's just like woodwork back in high skool
    3mm & 6mm mdf, hope it holds

level 1 glued together

level 2 done - a hot glue gun is sooo damn useful at this step!!

speaker test fitted - i made the ring the speaker sits on big enuff so wen i wanna have the grill on, it fits nicely

tmrw, gonna rip out my other door, then bolt that frame together and get cracking with the fibreglass! i gotta say this is fun... hehehe
    arrowz

OTO-KREW

Member Array
    Car:
    98 EK9 CTR
    y hasn't my title changed in the forum? i changed it in the first post, shouldn't it have changed??? mods can u help me???
    arrowz

OTO-KREW

Dayum! That looks sexy! You can do mine to while u're at it..hehehehe

That's nice man Maybe do a full write up if you have time? hehe

Member Array
    Car:
    BLZ-ARW001
    haha, well done EK9.. very dedicated... wen i looked at mine when mine didnt fit.. i was puzzled but thought, nah thats gonna take too long... cant wait to see the results EK9 at the sorrento cruise.. they hooked up to an amp?...
    arrowz
    blz-arw001

OTO-KREW

Member Array
    Car:
    98 EK9 CTR
    hehe, well this is kinda like a write up, but i'll do one if all goes well

amp is sitting in my room... wen this is dun, amp will be goin in. just can't be bothered doin the wiring atm.
    arrowz

OTO-KREW

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    looking very nice,great stuff thus far, even better when you concider you've done nothing to damage the trim hope all turns out well
    Intentionally Left Blank