Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    C34/RE7/ED6/FN2
    Quote Originally Posted by redefine View Post
    my ek hatch had stock 6x9's at the back. dunno what your thinking of

yea from wat i know EK hatch has 6x9 stock bcoz my mate installed his pioneer 6x9 in the place where the stock speaker is..

I was wondering aswell when he made the comment it comes the same like the front speakers

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EK1 1999 Hatch
    Yep my bad guys.

Sorry for that. Thanks for the correction.
    "Do the right thing...or not at all"

Member Array
    Car:
    C34/RE7/ED6/FN2
    Quote Originally Posted by COR73S View Post
    Yep my bad guys.

Sorry for that. Thanks for the correction.

You check your speakers ey?? didnt you?

Member Array
    Car:
    C34/RE7/ED6/FN2
    Quote Originally Posted by COR73S View Post
    EK hatch doesn't come with 6 x 9's at the back. Same speakers as at the front.

BUT you can easily install 6x9's.
    Well he can have the stock 6x9 and after market 6x9 mounted in that wood thing on the back and connect that from the amp.. if he wanted to..

get a good head unit and good 6x9's in the rear, JL audio did the trick for me, i have some alpine speakers brand new and OA crossovers and tweeters sitting in my draw if ya want.
    cbf installing them. rather listen to the engine :P

GL

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2008 Accord Euro
    It wont make a difference to the soudsn if you only change your speakers becasue the ehad unit will still but giving the same output. Tto get a better sound you have to change the stock speakers but you also have to amp them. Buying a new head deck may improve the sound because after market head units usually have a greater output then stock ones. The best way to improve the bass from your speakers is to amp them. Deffinately is you want good bass go for a sub, but if you are just looking for clean bass and dont want to spend too much on it change the rear speakers to 6x9's and amp them. If you get a set of 6x9 it will improve the bass a lot.

Good luck mate

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    99 EK Civic
    Where would be the best place to put 2 10" or 12" subs? I was thinking if I could have them installed INTO the rear seats. One thing I don't want is to have a box sitting in the boot with a sub, just looks far too tacky to me.

Thanks for the replies!

Member Array
    Car:
    ek1 mother****er
    Quote Originally Posted by jb_euro View Post
    It wont make a difference to the soudsn if you only change your speakers becasue the ehad unit will still but giving the same output.
    umm...what? the speakers have the BIGGEST impact on the end result sound...

about placement of the subs. you'd only wanna mount them on the rear seats if you could seal off the boot area. then the boot would effectively be the box of the sub. otherwise, box inthe boot is by far the best option.

sound deadening will make a lot of difference. you can make $400 speakers with SD, sound better than $800 speakers with out SD

forget 6*9 if your plan to get a sub... they are a total waste of money.

if your after decent sound, i suggest the following:

after market head unit with 2 pre outs at least.
    splits with sound deadening at the front,
    stock rears
    sub (10/12 in) depending on budget and how much boot space you want and
    4 ch amp for powering splits and the sub.

i know there a few items on the list and i'm not sure about your budget. if you do some research and get right advise, you can always add the components over a period of time and you'll be pleased with the end result.