Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 2003

Confused about speaker sizes...

Hey guys, replacing the stock speakers (front and rear) very soon with 6.5"inch splits in the front and 6x9's in the rear and a 4channel amp to power them all, i've done a bit of searching on the forum and i'm still confused about fitment, mainly in regards to the front speakers... Are the stock ones 6" or 6.5"? Will i have fitment issues with fitting 6.5" splits to the fronts? These ones in particular http://www.ryda.com.au/Fusion-RE-CM6...-p/recm650.htm

I read that some people say 6.5" will fit fine and some say some "modifications" are needed.. What exactly are these modifications?? Will most audio stores be able to make these modifications to make them fit and is it a big job or simple? Any help would be appreciated thanks all !
    Quote Originally Posted by kazam View Post
    lol give him a break, this is after all a forum and not just a giant search engine.. what are we gunna do when evry topic has been covered? disable posting and just have the search button there?

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 2003
    by the way i have 2003 luxury edition
    lol give him a break, this is after all a forum and not just a giant search engine.. what are we gunna do when evry topic has been covered? disable posting and just have the search button there?

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    umm i got 6.5 splits in mine, onli mod was needed was a spacer coz the magnet behind the speaker was a tad large it was hitting the door panel. So needed the spacer to bring it out abit, but still the door trim was able to fit back on.
    Most Euros are like that though, requiring a spacer.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 2003
    where do i get a spacer from? or would the shop have one? how much are they? thanks mate

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R>AH>EK>DC2
    John, If you've got a drill and a saw you can probably make your own spacers with a minimal spend trip to bunnings.
    SPAMMAPS
    Carburettor|Nation

that mikey G guy is the biggest shit talker ive ever met..
    in the space of 15minutes he sold two sets of wheels. claims a guy under the username DNT-CRY bought them!

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    the guys who installed my audio, they just made a circular spacer out of wood, dunno how thick though. All u need is something there so the speaker sits out more so the magnet wont hit the back.

edit-----

yeah wat Lloydious said.

See here for what I did -> http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showpos...7&postcount=49

The spacers I modified are still available on ebay -> http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/6-Spe...CarQ5fSpeakers

HTH

-Steve

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 2003
    thanks everyone makes alot more sense now