Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    07 CL9

Red face CL9 Wheels and ducktail spoiler questions

Hi guys,

Picking up my CL9 next week, first upgrade would be some nice mag wheels.. 18 or 19 inch wheels ? i won't be intending to lower the ride anytime soon, so will 19inch look wierd ? also i have heard that the euro's stability program will need to be recalibrated to suit to the larger wheels, anyone heard of this before or is a BS..

Finally can any recommend where i can get the 07 cl9 ducktail spoiler, honda quoted me $680 not even including fitting and paint. WTF..

cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    Public Transport / Foot
    ebay is ur answer

yo dude. i had 19s unlowered for 9 months. not the best look. maybe lower before wheels? up to you.

Member Array
    Car:
    LEXUS GS300
    perhaps give suspension a go first mate? get the car at a height you like/is driveable ect..

then add rims accordingly, so you know what will fit and how it's going to sit later on. better i think...to have a car sitting nicely than on nice rims but sitting at 4x4 height, just looks silly.

i unfortunately did wheels first and made a a big buying error. so if you're planning on lowering the car at all in the future to get a nicer ride height with aftermarket wheels...perhaps do that first.

good luck!

and as felix said: eBay is the go.
    3TripleZero

USDMyo

Member Array
    Car:
    Public Transport / Foot
    unless u know what u r doing wheel first is ok sum people r like that like meeeeeeeeeeeee :P i WIN

Member Array
    Car:
    2004 CL9 LUX
    I actually disagree with the others and would suggest getting your rims first, then find out how it sits with the new rims and decide how much lower you want it.

Also consider adjustable coilovers so you can change the height (and dampening) as you please

You can get the slimline spoilers from eBay US. Should be under $100. There's been some discussion in the Euro section, try searing for the thread.
    Mods: Baby seat in the back

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by dtngo View Post
    Also consider adjustable coilovers so you can change the height (and dampening) as you please
    And you end up losing all the comfort straight away.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

You can buy coilovers with just as much ride comfort as stock.

Just make sure they have sensible spring rates and adjustable dampening.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro R
    why not go through the "Post your Euro" thread and see what other owners have done with their Euros then PM them with questions of when and how the modified theirs, they might even be able to help with good deals for parts etc etc..
    2003 Accord CL7 EuroR
    Mugen/BuddyClub/J's Racing/Spoon/Unorthodox/Takata/Apexi/WORKwheels

Member Array
    Car:
    03 CL9 Euro
    Wheels first 18 or 19 depends on what you feel like. Make sure you get the stud pattern and offset right the first time as if you buy the wrong ones it won't fit.
    so stud pattern would be 5x114.3 and

offset - if you want it to sit flush with the guards +40 max; stock is +55.
    NOTE:
    Lower = sticks further out.

$680 rofl, that's HA for you.

If you lower, you will sacrifice ride comfort and lowering = need for camberkit else you'll need tyres every 6-12months, depending on how low you go.
    vTeK 4-Life!
    FOR SALE: CL9

Member Array
    Car:
    07 CL9
    thank you for all your suggestions.. i really can't wait to get my hands on the car this monday... i have been looking out for euro owners with rims on stock ride height out on the road.. hmm looks quite odd.. i'm going to get 18inch ...235 okay or wider ? if i just change the springs, dose that mean i have to do the full works and get shocks changed ? i would prefer something in between, i'm not after a full on rock hard ride.. and also lower the car to a point where i faint everytime i see a speed hump... i'm on a budget..

Member Array
    Car:
    03 CL9 Euro
    well you can just change the springs but will cause your shocks wear to increase thus you'll end up changing the shocks at a later date.

Where are you located? If you are in sydney your more than welcome to come to the meet at silverwater bridge.

A few of us who have stock height atm with 18",
    with 18" i find the front is too high up (gap is too big) but the rear looks fine.
    vTeK 4-Life!
    FOR SALE: CL9