Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    CL9

Innovative vs Hasport (Cable to Hydro conversion kit)

Has anyone used either of these products??

its a setup to use for a cable setup car to run a hydro gearbox.

if so, how did they find them?

direct fitment? quality?

what's your overall rating??

any feedback.

(also, dont say 'convert the whole setup' that wont happen)
    HCCM#23

02 DC5 ITR

Quote Originally Posted by DA9B18C View Post
    its a setup to use for a cable setup car to run a hydro gearbox.
    Um, a "hydro gearbox"?

Is it a hydraulic shifter mechanism, replacing a cable shifter??

Member Array
    Car:
    K20 DC2R
    hydraulic clutch vs cable clutch

Member Array
    Car:
    doorstop
    hydro clutch release john

had a hasport going for well over 3 years now
    still going strong & doesnt feel a lot different to the stock clutch pedal from what i remember.

its had an oem b18 clutch hanging off it the whole time,so cant comment on how reliable a HD clutch setup would be

only PIA was having to get the cable lengthened to suit.

if i did it again,i'd prob do the full hydro conversion,but u didnt want to hear that did u....

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by CRXer View Post

had a hasport going for well over 3 years now
    still going strong & doesnt feel a lot different to the stock clutch pedal from what i remember.

its had an oem b18 clutch hanging off it the whole time,so cant comment on how reliable a HD clutch setup would be

only PIA was having to get the cable lengthened to suit.

if i did it again,i'd prob do the full hydro conversion,but u didnt want to hear that did u....
    cheers, what i wanted to know. thanks
    HCCM#23

02 DC5 ITR

Thanks CRXer.

It is just a tad confusing since 'hydro' specifically relates to water, not hydraulic fluid....

Member Array
    Car:
    doorstop
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnL View Post
    Thanks CRXer.

It is just a tad confusing since 'hydro' specifically relates to water, not hydraulic fluid....
    cant beat em...
    have to join em....
    imagine how many hours of your life u could have back if the net was spelt properly & proof read...

in essence, its still a cable setup isn't it?

I mean, its only just a mechanism to convert the cable pull into a "HYDRO" box.

So you're not really getting the benefits of a pure "HYDRO" box. ie, pedal feel.

Member Array
    Car:
    doorstop
    yes its still a full cable setup
    the converter just lets u pull a originally hydraulic(better john?)horizontal acting release fork with a originally vertically acting cable.

as for the feel,as a daily driver,i have no complaints with either weight or accuracy,but like i said its still an oem clutch hanging off the end of my setup.

cant beat em...
    have to join em....
    imagine how many hours of your life u could have back if the net was spelt properly & proof read...
    Yeah, I know. It's a constant aggravation that so many other inhabitants of this planet are not as perfect as I am...

yes its still a full cable setup
    the converter just lets u pull a originally hydraulic(better john?)
    Much...

horizontal acting release fork with a originally vertically acting cable.

as for the feel,as a daily driver,i have no complaints with either weight or accuracy,but like i said its still an oem clutch hanging off the end of my setup.
    But does it actually feel any different to the stock cable arrangment? I can't help wondering what the point might be when there are so many things to spend money on that are worthwhile. The only advantage I can see might be that if a much shorter cable can be used, then some cable 'sticktion' might be eliminated?

Member Array
    Car:
    doorstop
    its just a cheap way to get a Bseries motor with hydraulic clutch tranny into a ED crx(or similar) which has a factory cable clutch arrangement.

saves having to try mount a master cylinder to the clutch pedal somehow.

prob with the crx clutch pedal is its a 1st order lever,whereas hydraulic clutch pedals are 2nd order.
    so u have to reverse mount the master cylinder somehow so the clutch pedal actually pushes on it & not pull.

jdmyard just did one recently where they reverse mounted the master cylinder under the dash so the top of the clutch pedal does indeed push on the master.

theres other arrangements as well by hasport which has a short cable arrangement activating a reverse lever arrangement to a master in the engine bay.