Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Civic ek/eg pros and cons

Hey people, i really need help convincing my parents into getting me an ek (or an eg). They had a shitty experience with an old honda they had and dont want to get a honda car for me.
    They keep saying that the insurance costs too much and its expensive to repair.
    Can you guys tell me the pros and cons of this car and roughly how much the insurance would cost. I dont wanna have a 98 corolla.

honda are realiable.. insurance.. tell your parents to insure it under their name:cheaper
    fuel wise is efficient, regular service can go prolong ur engine even to 350K - my mates accord is clocking 310K atm - still running smooth!

u should just google and get the review..from the pros - hence its more convincing to your parents

gud luck!

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    get an EK they'll like it much more than an EG, get more car for your money
    WTB: EK oem JDM Visors

I love J-Cups

Member Array
    Car:
    Liberty GTspecB
    what was their shitty experience out of curiosity?
    I used to have a EK sedan
    psn: w-_custer_-w

Member Array
    Car:
    ek1 mother****er
    i've got an ek, and i love it, but if i were to get another civic, it'd be an eg.

pros: small, easy to drive, efficient and cheap to run, fun, reliable as anything

cons: small, not fast, and parts can be pricey.

also, x2 on what was the bad experience?
    everyone i know with a honda loves it.

i'm assuming your young, so insurance will be expensive in anything after about 1990, and even then it depends.

Member Array
    Car:
    EURO LUX
    whats your budget ?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic EK
    i got an ek and like redefine and love it man. pros fuel, small, ALOT of parts out there and easy too maintain. man i had too get a loan out off my uncle too buy it and am happy to pay back every penny for it. good luck champoo

Member Array
    Car:
    R34 GTT
    iv got an eg and there pretty relyable given u take good care of it and fuel isnt too much of a problem but also parts can be quite expencive but id still choose it over any other car in the same price range. it doesnt have many compartments but so ek would be a little more practicle. with insurance the companies are getting smarter lol if you have your p's the insurance companys charge from the youngest driver eg. with me as a 2nd nominated driver and my dad as a 1st driver they still charged me the same amount if i was the only driver, and the said that if i wasnt nominated i would never be covered not even the once a month thingy if that helps by anyway

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda EGK25A
    An Eg will outperform an Ek, sorry EK owners. But at least you got the looks.
    - MTA APPRENTICESHIP PLUS - SHIFT PERFORMANCE - +++++++

Member Array
    Car:
    ek1 mother****er
    Quote Originally Posted by FLICK View Post
    An Eg will outperform an Ek, sorry EK owners. But at least you got the looks.
    haha, true. i always saw the ek as the fatter younger brother to the eg.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Soon to be EG
    EK is a ugly piece of crap haha, EG is cute and sexy

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda EGK25A
    Quote Originally Posted by DRIFT-EG View Post
    EK is a ugly piece of crap haha, EG is cute and sexy
    I tried to put in a subtle way than that. But look no doubt EK looks better. EG can look good, but very hard to make it look good. EK doesnt take much to look good. Thats my opinion anyway as i own an eg but i wanted performance, if i wanted looks than i would of went with an EK. But Both car are awesome. DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME.
    - MTA APPRENTICESHIP PLUS - SHIFT PERFORMANCE - +++++++