Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Kumho KU36's

Member Array
    Car:
    1999 s2000
    Quote Originally Posted by F20C View Post
    RE001's are the ones that "dont go flat" type of tyre huh? they come stock on bmw's..
    im pretty sure they're not run flats...

i just had my KU36's put on on Friday. So far its okay. I've just ran it in and havent pushed it yet. Got the Direzza Starspecs on the front from the last set. The rear Starspecs only last 20,000kms... thats including 1 track day and heaps of mountain runs. So all in all, not bad.

Member Array
    Car:
    Land Barge
    $155 for KU36....
    I got ripped

Oh well, awesome tyre none the less!

Easy and predictable tyre to live with.
    Econo Box pimping ain't easy.

Quote Originally Posted by nigs View Post
    $155 for KU36....
    I got ripped

Oh well, awesome tyre none the less!

Easy and predictable tyre to live with.
    Ive been running ku36s for about 6 months now, and when it was new the grip was really really good. but on the track it melted really fast and bits of rubber were flying of it, similar to when your using an eraser on paper. RE001s on the other hand had no problems on track. Track temp wasnt very hot, about 28 degrees and i wasnt pushing the car hard.
    Also, after the first 1000km, the grip became noticably less, maybe due to winter temperatures, im not sure. Wears fast as well.
    Still a decent tyre for the price.

PS. I find is had very predictable handling, these tyres lose grip slowly when pushed to its limits.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    s2000
    All competition tyres benefit from heat cycling. Heat cycled tyres show more consistent performance, prolonged life and reduced wear.
    Heat cycling the tyres consists of one or two cycles of running the tyres under load without sliding or unduly stressing the tyres.

The following is a suggested Heat Cycling Procedure:-
    Each cycle should consist of the following steps:

1. Mount the tyres set the tyre pressures at the recommended cold tyre pressure
    2. Run 4-5 laps of the circuit at approximately 50% of normal race speedand
    3. Reset tyre pressures to the recommended hot tyre pressure
    4. Run several consistent laps over a period of 10-15 minutes commencing at approximately 50% of race speed and gradually building to 80% of race speed.
    5. Do not over stress tyres and avoid driving over kerbs, ripple strips or any other undulations on the track.
    6. Remove tyres from the car or raise the car or axle stands and allow the tyres to cool naturally to the ambient air temperature.
    7. Maximum conditioning occurs when the tyres are cooled unloaded and after a period of 24 to 48 hours.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    S2000
    so im going to buy some rubber this week anyone got any places in melb that are decent on prices? i dont plan on spending 300-400 on a tyre right now..

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S13
    tyres R us on mcintyre road for cheap 2nd hand tyres

Member Array
    Car:
    94 EG, 95 EG
    so im going to buy some rubber this week anyone got any places in melb that are decent on prices? i dont plan on spending 300-400 on a tyre right now..
    On the run motorsports. Clayton

I got mine there cheap.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by vyets View Post
    tyres R us on mcintyre road for cheap 2nd hand tyres
    lol not 2nd hand.. new but not 300-400 bucks each lol.

Quote Originally Posted by DC5TYPER View Post
    On the run motorsports. Clayton

I got mine there cheap.

I'll check it out, cheers DC5

Member Array
    Car:
    2003 Honda S2000
    bridgestone at highpoint got my potenzas for 1100...cheapest i could find

Member Array
    Car:
    Gc subaru
    RE001's are the ones that "dont go flat" type of tyre huh? they come stock on bmw's..
    thats re050a i think standard on bmw,mercs,audi,feraris etc...i got them allround on my eg all i can say is it grips and when u hit the limit they let go really slowly
    Quote oh dear ****ing lawd. my d*ck did more than move. it jumped out of my pants, and tore the fly open....

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by 4age8u View Post
    thats re050a i think standard on bmw,mercs,audi,feraris etc...i got them allround on my eg all i can say is it grips and when u hit the limit they let go really slowly
    yer i think those are re050a.. what do you mean by the limit? the tyre speed limit?

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S13
    Grip limit meaning driving your car at the limit lol cornering wise not straight line wise