Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5121314151617 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EK Sedan
    wah .... cops are so annoying! Honda drivers dont hoon so at least they should let us go with a little modification sigh! good thing SA cops is not so tough i think, but SA is following the P plate no turbo next year

Member Array
    Car:
    Subaru Tai-berty
    farkkkkk offffffff

as if honda drivers dont hooooonnnnnn

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    so I got a letter, been epa'd

my twin loop barely rumbles.
    "since we're both asian.. I'll look after you and chuck in King Springs with the wheels and tyres for $1050"

Member Array
    Car:
    Subaru Tai-berty
    thats bs bro,
    i been in it
    n its not loud at all.

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1 -> DC2R
    I passed my blue slip with my twin loop LOL

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1991 Honda Prelude (JDM)
    Quote Originally Posted by WATAJK View Post
    LOL @ that bullshit
    See those are the sort of cops that annoy me.
    When it comes to the lights i aboslutely fly off but to shit the copper ill stop and keep within the speedlimit haha
    When the next set of lights come, i do a head check, giving me a dirty look..
    Felt sorry he couldnt book me lol
    Well he could of booked you for that if he wanted to

It's called Unnessicary Acceleration I have been done for it before was let off with a "warning"

But I have some of the worst run ins with Police possible

When I got raped I was driving an EG6 Sedan Twin Carb the story is as follows :
    It was 2am in Acacia Ridge I was driving home from a mates place

Cops were going the opposite direction down Beaudesert rd

Me being the only car on the road and me having a Honda made this a prime U-turn moment

They pulled me over and asked me to step out of the vehicle

I agreed

They then decided I was on some type of illegal substence because I was shaking but I was in a shirt and shorts (It was ****ing cold!!)

So this was of course prime for the soberity test and a call to the drug dogs and back up

My car was stripped Seats,Subs and boot carpeting and thrown out on the foot path

It was the concluded I was not on anything so I was left with a HAHA! You havent got your P plates on Fine!

So I copped the fine but I was Undoubtedly pissed about the Stripping of said car and being left to pick up the peices at 2am in the middle of Acacia Ridge
    I aint no JDM wannabe my car is actually from Japan

Member Array
    Car:
    Subaru Tai-berty
    wtf is a eg6 sedan twin carb ?

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R>AH>EK>DC2
    Gir is NOT a Chick Magnet.
    SPAMMAPS
    Carburettor|Nation

that mikey G guy is the biggest shit talker ive ever met..
    in the space of 15minutes he sold two sets of wheels. claims a guy under the username DNT-CRY bought them!

Mmmm i actually have a question and i dont wanna start a new thread...
    CF Hoods are illegal unless ADR approved or engineer approved...
    Now,
    are CF Wings illegal aswell?
    Like the DC5R Mugen CF Wing?

Thanks

Moderator Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic VTi

Reasonable Doubt

Quote Originally Posted by Neesmo31 View Post
    I mean if the police want to charge you with something, they have to have evidence. They have to provide the figures, like speeding, noise testing, emissions, things like that, they cant just say its too stiff and book you.
    Oh yes they can. They have the power to inflict any sort of defect pain on you that they deem necessary to keep the streets clear of hoons and other modified car nuisances. They have a mandate from the incumbent Government, elected by the people of your State. Sorry but they don't have to produce any evidence other than their own judgement.

If you decide to take it to court you will be up for much more (even if you win) than the cost of the fine and they know that. Unless you are silly enough to try and defend yourself, you will need a Solicitor, and you will probably appear in court at least two or three times because the case cannot proceed until the Police provide the State Prosecutor with a Brief of Evidence and they will take their sweet time in doing that. Each time you go to Court you will lose a day's pay (unless you have holidays owing), your Solicitor charges upwards of $100 an hour, and even if you win in the end you will pay a $60 court costs fee (at least here in NSW) and if you don't pay the court costs with 14 (or 30) days it doubles.

Been there, done that. Either way you lose, so be polite, cop the fine, get it cleared and be the wiser next time 'round.

Peter
    Still here. Still kickin'

Quote Originally Posted by jdm_b16a View Post
    Oh yes they can. They have the power to inflict any sort of defect pain on you that they deem necessary to keep the streets clear of hoons and other modified car nuisances. They have a mandate from the incumbent Government, elected by the people of your State. Sorry but they don't have to produce any evidence other than their own judgement.

If you decide to take it to court you will be up for much more (even if you win) than the cost of the fine and they know that. Unless you are silly enough to try and defend yourself, you will need a Solicitor, and you will probably appear in court at least two or three times because the case cannot proceed until the Police provide the State Prosecutor with a Brief of Evidence and they will take their sweet time in doing that. Each time you go to Court you will lose a day's pay (unless you have holidays owing), your Solicitor charges upwards of $100 an hour, and even if you win in the end you will pay a $60 court costs fee (at least here in NSW) and if you don't pay the court costs with 14 (or 30) days it doubles.

Been there, done that. Either way you lose, so be polite, cop the fine, get it cleared and be the wiser next time 'round.

Peter
    I agree to disagree
    I've challenge police officers 4 times, each time representing myself and each time have pulled an outcome to make myself happy to giving the copper the finger as i left the court house.
    You can win court cases but the problem is that once you win one case, that copper will hold a GRUDGE yes, i repeat a GRUDGE against you to try get you back for making him look like an assole..
    This cop in the Northern suburbs has tried 4 times and been rolled 4 times but knows both my cars and is ALWAYS an assole to me when he "randomly" pulls me over.

Any other cop is fine to me just this assole is a c*nt.
    My offenses; illegal modification on my laser (underbody neons which weren't turned on at all that night), speeding 15km's over (the gun hadn't been tested that month therefore illegal to be used during that time frame as it needs to be monthly tested) and 2 hoon offenses which i didn't commit, my mates did the offenses but the cop blamed me (Had my car impounded twice, the book got thrown at me), the cop copt a lashing in court from the judge after my mate came forward for me and proved it was his tyre marks not mine and basically once again owned.. [My mates were let off the hook for being honest]

As the saying goes, the TRUTH always prevails dishonesty.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    ferrari 328gts, sw20 MR2
    my ae86 trueno was EPA defected by an off duty cop who THOUGHT i was too loud... no testing was done.

it echoed in between city buildings and he thought it was too loud, despite the environment causeing distortions.

to be honest, it was ****ing loud and i deserved it... but i think he should have had to do a test before i had an epa defect.

oh well, aust is pretty bad like that, the reason i only live here for a couple of months per year now days (due to work)