Member Array
    Car:
    eg h22, odyssey
    hahahah!! Shutdown!

You cant state your opinion without elaborating on it. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by saikou27 View Post
    i would strongly urge u not to do the above

Quote Originally Posted by EGJOE View Post
    Flows much better then stock and is a popular budget mod for nissan skylines RB20 and Rb25. Why do you think it will be no good on a d16? The last time I did one i used an old cat of a sr20 its even better then a jdm b18cr cat.

For the cost its a good upgrade bang for your buck. As if you would bother spending $300 or so for a high flow cat for this application. You can spend half the price and acheive same result. I'm speaking from experience not guess work, have tried and gained results.
    why would u buy a 2nd hand cat of a commodore its just stupid. as somebody mentioned before cats wear out and i doubt that a 20 year old commodore cat will be beneficial at all. what a joke to even suggest that u have tried it and felt gains. if u really want to, u might as well go buy a new normal replacement cat ( not that it would do much) for a commodore because it would cost next to nothing anyway. if u had half the experience u claim, u would know that a good high flow cat would greatly benefit the OP's system of full headers and a mandrel bent system seeing as how the cat would now be the biggest restriction in his system

i would also assume the OP would like something better than a used commodore cat seeing as how they have extractors and a mandrel bent system

Member Array
    Car:
    hardparked elmo
    Quote Originally Posted by saikou27 View Post
    why would u buy a 2nd hand cat of a commodore its just stupid. as somebody mentioned before cats wear out and i doubt that a 20 year old commodore cat will be beneficial at all. what a joke to even suggest that u have tried it and felt gains. if u really want to, u might as well go buy a new normal replacement cat ( not that it would do much) for a commodore because it would cost next to nothing anyway. if u had half the experience u claim, u would know that a good high flow cat would greatly benefit the OP's system of full headers and a mandrel bent system seeing as how the cat would now be the biggest restriction in his system

i would also assume the OP would like something better than a used commodore cat seeing as how they have extractors and a mandrel bent system
    I'm talking bang for buck! I guess there must be alot of other idiots out there then. Tell me how do cats wear out?
    Stock d series cat 2' or less in and out commodore cat around 2.25 to 2.5 in and out which one will flow more? How much a second hand cat worth $50 good value. Talking bang for buck not the best that money can buy.

Not going to bother further arguing my point. Dont question a persons experience if you dont know them and oh and im not suggesting I'm telling how it is.

I'm talking bang for buck! I guess there must be alot of other idiots out there then. Tell me how do cats wear out?
    Stock d series cat 2' or less in and out commodore cat around 2.25 to 2.5 in and out which one will flow more? How much a second hand cat worth $50 good value. Talking bang for buck not the best that money can buy.

Not going to bother further arguing my point. Dont question a persons experience if you dont know them and oh and im not suggesting I'm telling how it is.
    so u think just because its bigger means it flows better. it depends on the cells per inch and commodores have more so they're are more restrictive. please by all means feel free to put old, used, clogged up, 20 year old commodore cats on ur car and leave the good ones for the rest of us.

Member Array
    Car:
    bb6 Type S

how do cats wear out? are you serious?

catalytic converter substrate can melt, warp, crack and the subtrate can come loose from the housing

a 20 year old cat would be epically stupid, and the flow of a cat is measured by the amount of cells per inch it has not how large the actual body is

Member Array
    Car:
    hardparked elmo
    Use your common sense you can see if its stuffed, believe what you want.

a highflow cat will give you better exhaust flows at higher rpm, but might make it more laggy during lower rpm. i just put a 100cpsi on my d17, and the higher revs are more free but i find it lags slightly at the lower revs now. but, all in all, i like having that extra punch (minimal) up top where it counts i guess. to answer the ops question, i think a high flow cat helps for a good complete i/h/e setup but some might disagree that the gains a minimal considering the money spent on one. btw, i picked up my venom 100cpsi cat for $150 and no CEL. woot!
    d e e p S i x [d6]™

Member Array
    Car:
    eg h22, odyssey
    Commodore Cat FTW!!

Member Array
    Car:
    EKONE
    lol i love this thread

lol @ buying a 20 year old cat.

where is the cheapest place to buy metal cat? i'm after one.

are you from melbourne? i have this guy who sells venom 100 cells psi metal cats if you're interested. pm me, ill give you his contact.
    d e e p S i x [d6]™

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4K24
    if you can afford it buy one, dont be a tight arse unless its a cheap sh!t just
    knocked it together system...

oi these are good man

Last edited by Riviera; 07-09-2009 at 07:42 PM.
    Vince