Page 1 of 18 123411 ... LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic, Mugen convert

Massive Question for a Massive Task

OK, so I have a brand new Honda Civic Vti. I know this isn't the grandest Civic, but the Hatch is horrible on the Aussie Type-r. I am going to be doing some major modifications to it and am not worried about my warranty going out the window.

Body- I have purchased a Full Mugen RR body kit to resemble the new civic mugen's from japan, The wheels are 19" Jet chrome's.The car itself is pearlescent black but i am thinking of eventually changing this, I have the red race badges and have already purchased all the necessary Mugen RR badges for the car, so that is not a worry. My question is what parts of the car can i legally get away with converting to carbon fibre?

Under Hood- Obviously this isnt the most powerful engine, but i would definately love to add a turbo kit to the car, or whatever I need do to absolutely maximise the power. Can anyone suggest any turbo kits that would work with this model or any other suitable engine upgrades. I have also Changed it to twin sports exhaust, quite like the Mugen.

Interior- I have had this all redone to match the color scheme of the type-r, But in leather, Black seats with red middle panelling.

This car is a daily driver, But as this is the car that I am passionate about, you could say it is this man's 'chariot' any suggestions from anyone to get absolute aftermarket peak performance out of this baby would be appreciated beyond measure.

Cheers,
    The Kidd

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord Euro 08
    Please post pics. Good luck with build.

Member Array
    Car:
    FN2R
    Sounds like an awesome build! I'm not sure about which parts you can convert to carbon fibre but I think you can get away with most parts except the hood. I've been told having a carbon fibre hood is illegal

meh...paint that carbon fibre material into a different colour~~

of coz~~~ if you smack it...you are in trouble

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 BB AP1
    yea i think u have to get an engineer license for a cf hood? anyways get some pics mate. looks like its gna be a sick build

Dude,
    If you've got so much money to splurge, why didn't you purchase the FD2 instead? As for maximising power, don't forget the ROM flashes/upgrades available etc.. probably the easiest and cheapest upgrade for performance you can get after the air filter

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic, Mugen convert
    Prices were horrible on the gold coast, cost bout 31 just for the car with the spoiler and a few other addons.

not too worried about not getting the sport, will upgrade as I can afford more.
    As for pics, I will put some on in the morning, Just cleaned It tonight, so should look good .

BTW, does anyone know any compatible turbo's?, I wanted an alljap, but am under the impression they are only for SI's correct?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic FD2
    get K20A or K24A engine swap.. no turbo kit needed.. tuned with HKS F-Con VPro.. a good SRI and CAI.. good manifold.. an aftermarket catback exhaust system from japan..

carbon stuff u need to find from thailand.. taiwan.. and singapore.. they got massive carbon stuff for FD.. price from 100 USD - 1000 USD.. depends.. =)

ur wheels change to some performance wheels like CE28N.. RE30.. or TE37 in 19".. =)

last but not least.. get a set of good suspension like TEIN.. with EDFC for easier to tune the soft/hard system.. sets of cusco bars.. change ur brakes to aftermarket full caliper kit like APRacing.. Endless.. Project MU.. =)

just my opinion.. =)

rich boy coming through

cant wait to see this
    Chunky = the first youngest ozhonda member ever

OZHONDA 4 LYFE!

VOLTEX Array
    Car:
    Bus Route 703
    i would agree, for the money turbo`in the fd1, get a k20a or k24a or k20/k24 swap. you would get wayy more power... turbo fd1 will only get like ~110-120kw atw lol

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic FD1, Impreza, GE6
    Pictures!!!!please!!!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic, Mugen convert
    anyone have a clue where i would go to get a new K24a engine?, can my honda dealer get it for me?