Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast
    Account Disabled Array

Exclamation NSWSS Round 7 Eastern Creek: BYP Civic set new benchmark for all FWD Honda's *1:46.1

It was another beautiful Sunday for Round 7 which was held at Eastern Creek

After an eventful Round 6 at Oran Park where the car endure new green graphics on the driver side door and fender, a shakedown practice day yesterday helped make sure all was good for today's Round 7, even though 35-40cars on the track didnt helped quick lap times.

It was nice to see the usual variety of cars out for Round 7 with the special appreance from the guys at Hi-Octane/Advan in there very quick R34 GTR

For this round,we decided to have a double entry with the inclusion of my brother as the second driver for this Round (its only fair that he enjoy's the car as well). He did a good job with his only second time out and the first time out with this car at Eastern Creek with a 1:49.5.

With the Champsionship close to be in the bag, new goals and limits where set for the round. Ultimately we want to beat our previous pb of 1:47.5 (Round 4) and also beat Jacky Yick's official Eastern Creek time of 1:46.1215. Sporting a retune during the week, and trying out the Toyo's R888's the car has set the new record and benchmark for all FWD Honda's with a 1:46.117 (sorry jacky we just nip ya! )

Car was awesome in the first 2 very important session where track temp and tyre pressure were the key factors into setting a fast lap time. Thanks to Jason (fellow EVO 8MR driver) who have helped assist and advised us on the ideal toyo r888's tyre pressure. Ultimately the car set the quickest lap on lap 6

In terms of engine performance, we all know how brutal Eastern Creek is on the engine. With the extra power discovered through tuning the car is certainly on song ringing the engine down the straight maxing the speed at 220-225kph. I think the speed the car shown down the straight has certainly backed up its power output on the dyno

At the end of the day, car was towed off the track due to ONE tps wire being anal and coming lose. Nonetheless it was good to see the likes of 2 r35GTR's chasing one another from the slideline. That ruin the run, with some ideal track temps for one last dash for that all inclusive 1:45's. We never know what could have been, but the car is more than capable's of 1:45's. Who know's we might be knocking on the 1:44's in the near future

Our car has proven many people wrong, in terms of engine performance and reliability. Time and time again this year we have done what many have tried. Running close to a stock drivetrain (stock ITR gearbox with a cusco LSD) and stock B20 sleeves has change the minds of some critics. With the addition of close gear sets from a sponsors in the near future, who knows how much more improvement can be achieved.

Once again, Thanks to all involved with the BYP Honda Civic

- BYP Crew - esp JokerRichie
    - Dave (B20vtec engine builder/developer)
    - Scott (VIPEC developement/tuner)
    - Special Project Motors (Sponsors)

To sum it all up, 1st in Class 3B and 11th Overall

http://www.natsoft.com.au/cgi-bin/re...8/2009.ARDC.S1

+1 guys.. unstoppable!

Member Array
    Car:
    EG brusier, STi type R
    That's fantastic stuff. GO TOYO

Array
    Car:
    08 Red CU2 Euro
    Well done Benny...
    Well done...
    TODA Performance Australia Pty Ltd
    TODA Racing - FIGHTEX - MFactory - HALTECH - EXEDY
    Race engines, Dyno tuning, Licenced workshop, Parts.
    P:0401869524 email: toda@todaracing.com.au

Member Array
    Car:
    Cyborg
    Good work, i was out there today and had a look when the cars where coming down the straight, its was very fast

Just wondering, Do you know what the the record for a FWD car is on eastern creek ? Basically, anything goes (in terms of modifications) but it has to be a fwd.

Account Disabled Array
    Quote Originally Posted by dasicvtec View Post
    Just wondering, Do you know what the the record for a FWD car is on eastern creek ? Basically, anything goes (in terms of modifications) but it has to be a fwd.
    The benchmark was Jacky Yicks Honda Civic EK 1:46.1215.

In terms of classes, we have now set the record in the 3B Class which is 1600cc-2000cc (capacity) and within the 3J rules. If your keen on what the rules are, simply PM me

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    Go toyo r888

Banned Array
    Car:
    EKB20 > EGB18C
    nice work fellas

Member Array
    Car:
    ek4
    Nice work again guys.
    Too bad I couldn't make it to watch you guys.

Member Array
    Car:
    green whip!
    nice one guys
    must be those green graphics making it faster

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Congrats mate!

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    The benchmark was Jacky Yicks Honda Civic EK 1:46.1215.

In terms of classes, we have now set the record in the 3B Class which is 1600cc-2000cc (capacity) and within the 3J rules. If your keen on what the rules are, simply PM me

WTF... i dont agree, this car as is could not be logged 3j.

so yes i would love a pm explaining to me how it is a legal 3j car.

but in saying that, i appreciate the effort you guys have put in and the speed that it puts out.

keep up the great work!