Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

DC2 VTI-R Steering Wheel

Heys guys!

i'm pretty new to this so just bare with us haha! does anyone know where (besides trivett) i can get either the vti-r steering wheel with the air bag or the type r wheel for my '93 DC2? trivett want $800 for the vti-r wheel without the air bag, theres gota be cheaper somewhere!

cheers

Andrew

look around in the for sale sections, traders may also have type r airbag steering wheels for roughly $500

Member Array
    Car:
    Bangbus
    Look around for second hand items in the Marketplace on here, on Ebay, or possibly even some wreckers (although that would be bottom of the list as most airbags would be deployed if a car is written off enough to become a wreck)

Member Array
    Car:
    '09 FN2R
    dont mean to hijack this thread but i've got a itr steering wheel and wanna fit it in my 94' dc2 vti-r. problem is, my mechanic tried to install it for me but found that it was a lil more complicated than he anticipated. apparently its like a different socket or something. any ideas??

oh yea, both vti-r and itr steering wheels have airbags

Member Array
    Car:
    Bangbus
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny5 View Post
    dont mean to hijack this thread but i've got a itr steering wheel and wanna fit it in my 94' dc2 vti-r. problem is, my mechanic tried to install it for me but found that it was a lil more complicated than he anticipated. apparently its like a different socket or something. any ideas??

oh yea, both vti-r and itr steering wheels have airbags
    Most people think that ITR steering wheels are straight bolt on to DC2 VTI-R's, what most people don't know is that there are 4 different versions of steering wheels for Hondas. Honda used 4 different variants of steering wheel attachment parts on just the various DC2's over the years.

Regardless of the make and model of the vehicle, there are cases that the compatible product number is different among the same model with the same year, because of the variation of the factory parts.

These parts differ in the number of splines on the steering column, size of the steering column, the rotation of the splines on the steering column, and the position of the locking pin on the hub.

For more information (and pictures) about the 4 different hubs used by Honda contact www.thetunersgroup.com as they sell Works Bell Boss Kits and they've had to deal with this issue many times before.

Member Array
    Car:
    96 Integra VTi-R
    Where abouts r u, i got VTiR one still with air bag

Member Array
    Car:
    A Honda
    I'm going to take my steering wheel off my '94 DC2.
    Give me a pm if you're interested.

It's this but NOT Acura, it's the Honda one.

http://pickin-parts.com/uploads/96_A...ring_Wheel.jpg

im at blacktown. what condition is it in? has the rubber let go at the top, like when you hold the wheel you can twist the rubber back and forth?

yea im interested bro what you want a price? dont know what pm is man im new to this?

im at blacktown

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2010 Evo X MR
    sorry to hijack this thread, but will an S2K steering fit on a 94 Vti-R?
    http://fabandfurious.com/ - Hippest Hotspot for Him and Her