Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

nakamichi head unit

ive got my sound system installed...finally...and the sound is awesome!! but...the only thing is tat my nakamichi head unit seems to sound distorted whenever it plays CD....but if it was radio...it works perfectly fine....but when i play CDs the sound seems to be distorting badddd!!!!

so yeah...the ppl at lifestyle (place where i got it installed) told me tat the lens of the head unit need alignment...and need to be send in for fixing...so im just wondering if anyone here know anywhere i can get this head unit fix...most preferbably... north shore...or east side...so yeah...

or maybe u can fix it then gimme a buzz...

thx guys!!

P.S i was told to go to Kims Car Radio to get them fixed...but not too sure if they are good...so would like u guys to make me a recommendation...
    Last edited by supernatural; 10-11-2004 at 04:04 PM.
    http://www.kingtan.com.au

wakefield park
    Old Surface: 1:12.9

congrats on the install shaun!../ how did it go, price was alright ya?..

i wanna get mine done soon..

damn man...the sound is just amazing...damn nice....focal and soundstream speakers are killers!!! with 2 soundstream amps to provide the power...wahhhh...and the nakamichi head deck is good too...just the CD has reading issues...

wakefield park

sounds good.. see if mine turns out similar, just get a new hu. or use your old one.. i like the apline.. hahaha
    Last edited by newbie; 10-11-2004 at 05:12 PM. Reason: added info

Would you mind posting up what you got installed? I'm interested.

i installed

nakamichi head unit
    focal splits, tweeters
    soundstream exact 5 mid range speakers
    soundstream 4 channel amp
    soundstream amp for the sub
    12inch JL subwoofer in box

yeah...they sound great...just tat the headunit need to be fixed...

wakefield park

Member Array
    Car:
    EK VTi-R
    kims car radio in canley vale? i duno much about them except they've been in business for like AGESSS man. atleast 15years in the business and they still running, i just went by other day while checking out fish at trans aquarium.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000 - AP1
    shaun buddy mate i hate lifestyle store 2 b honest....

since wen do u buy head units n needs 2 b like fixd brand new...i'd ask for a replacement or money back !

u hav ur rights ! but in dis case im guessin u really want dis deck = p

anyway congrats shld come over we'll do a sound off see if ur setup will outblow mine haha

Member Array
    Car:
    BLZ-ARW021
    i doubt it's brand new HRV-80Y.
    because otherwise it'd be covered by warranty and how can a brand new HU fark up!

Winner! Array
    Car:
    dc2
    Quote Originally Posted by HRV-80Y
    shaun buddy mate i hate lifestyle store 2 b honest....

since wen do u buy head units n needs 2 b like fixd brand new...i'd ask for a replacement or money back !

u hav ur rights ! but in dis case im guessin u really want dis deck = p

anyway congrats shld come over we'll do a sound off see if ur setup will outblow mine haha
    yeah what toe said. also, what dont u like about lifestyle store?

at first, i actually didnt want to go there, because i know, I KNOW, that their installer people are dodgy, lazy, stupid, rah rah rah. i wouldnt trust installing anything there.

but, and this is a BIG BUT, the shop people are completely different. i found them extremely helpful, and did not waste my time, gave me the best price, and did all they could to help me, especially aftersales help too!
    when do we hit vtec?

hahaha...yeah pascoe...i got this 2nd hand...from my mate...and hes a good mate of mine...it didnt have problem when it was in his car...but yeah...im getting it fixed today and cant wait to get it back...

wakefield park

Member Array
    Car:
    S15
    Nice mate, how the focals tratin ya? Poly-K's? I got a set and I love em, need to install them properly though. My custom made kicks that i constructed arent angling the tweets right (where did you put your tweets?) Congrats!